Friday, August 26, 2011

Shiseido Shimmering Eye Color in VI305 Purple Dawn Swatches and Reviews


(Taken from Shiseido website)

A lightweight cream eye shadow with a radiant, lustrous finish that maintains a just-applied fresh look for 16 hours without smudging or creasing. Applies easily with your fingertip for a smooth, even finish. Hydrates skin with Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE.

Shimmering eye colours are the new make up items from Shiseido. They are to replace the Hydro-powder eye shadows (Check out my reviews and swatches of them here). 

I am attracted to all things purple. I'm not sure why. Once I see a purple shadow I have to have it. Purple Dawn was the first shade I was attracted to when I saw the Shimmering Eye Shadows. 





Purple Dawn is a beautiful purple shade. It is very creamy and pigmented. Instead of using my fingers I decided to try using an eye brush. I found them so easy to blend. I used my fluffy squirrel hair eye brush to apply an sheerer wash of colour on my lids and then used my denser MAC 219 eye brush to apply a more opaque wash of colour closer to my lash line. When I applied it to my lids, it felt cooling to the eyes. I wore it out for 6 hours and found that it did not crease or smudge one me.


This is an eye look I created with Purple Dawn and Magnolia. I also used Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencil in Lust.

I took out my old Hydro-powder in Violet for a comparison.




You can see from my arm swatch, the new shadows are much more superior in comparison. Hydro-powders are sheerer and they do not last well on oily lids. They also apply patchy at times. I find that they don't adhere well to lids that have been primed with Urban Decay primer potion too.

Shimmering Eye Colors go for SGD$32. What a great price for an excellent product! It contains 6g of product as compared to 4 g of product from Chanel Illusion D'ombres. It features fun colors that are easy to use. They are also tougher. The Illusion D'ombres did not stand up to a rubbing or a water test. They are definitely a great buy in my opinion.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.