Monday, August 29, 2011

Shiseido Shimmering Eye Color BL711 Angel Review and Swatches




I am a sucker for bright colours. And with a name like Angel, how could I resist.  I'm a little wary of blue shades. I can't do icy blues, pastel blues and matt blues. I can do bright blues, teals and shimmery dark blues.



I was a little worried that I may not be able to pull this off but it turned out pretty.



Angle is a creamy and pigmented teal blue. Like Purple Dawn, it is smudge proof  and crease proof.

I put Angel through a series of test just to find out how smudge proof it is and whether it is water proof. Here are some of the results. The swatches below shows Angel after it was rubbed vigorously with fingers. You can see that the shimmer particles have moved all over. It has also lost some of its vibrancy.



I put it through a water test. The first picture was after a good dousing of water. Second and third picture shows how it looked after I gave it a good rub. You can see that it did not hold up well.




I dug out my old MUFE Aqua Cream in shade 20 for a comparison. You can see that MUFE is definitely more pigmented and strong as compared to Shiseido but I must say that for me MUFE is really a pain to blend. I find that it is better as a liner on me.

Left to right: Shiseido and MUFE
Instead of a water test, this time I used my eye drops I use to freshen my contacts. For me a good tear proof product is better than a water proof one because I tend to yawn a lot in the mornings. My tears tend to dissolve my eye make up especially around the inner corner of my eyes. I am guessing that eye drops may be more similar to tears than water.

With eye drops

After a good rubbing
As you can see, MUFE lasts better that Shiseido. I still love the shimmering eye colour more than MUFE though. What is the point of a product if it is so difficult to work with?

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.