Monday, August 8, 2011

Guerlain Rouge Automatique Shade Shalimar (166) Swatches and Review



It is my very ambitious plan to buy  lipsticks from as many of the famous brands as possible. I want to compare them and also satisfy my incessant need for lipstick. Guerlain Rouge Automatique is something I had my eye on.

(Taken from Guerlain website)

3 objectives, 3 promises upheld 
Objective 1: Second-skin texture An extremely fine film in total osmosis with the skin thanks to sensory oils + waxes. 
Objective 2: Boosted colours A tailor-made shine with made-to-measure sheerness thanks to the Cristal Pigment, which makes it possible to obtain luminous, clear and pure colours with no white effect. 
Objective 3: Remarkable long-lasting hold that combines immediate comfort and lasting radiance. An exceptional shine, stay-put colour, feather-proof lipstick thanks to a complex of oil + resin. Automatically Colourful Reds, oranges, pinks, beiges!! A bouquet of 25 shades, from the most sober to the most dazzling one. 
INGREDIENTS: The Crystal Pigment boosts the colours which become clear and pure with no white effect, for a tailor-made shine and a made-to-measure sheerness.

There are a total of 25 shades in 4 categories. Les Roses, Les Rouges, Les Beiges and Les Oranges. I naturally gravitate to bright colours. I wanted to get Champ Elysees. Joey from Joey's Space did a rocking beautiful look with Champ Elysees. I bet it is a hot selling shade because it was out of stock when I went down to the counter. I settled for Shalimar which was just a tad sheerer and lighter when I swatched both on my arm at the counter.





It has a pretty gold casing. It does attract fingerprints but nothing a little wipe can't get rid of.  




Sliding the little G button brings up the lipstick. Quite nifty actually. You don't have to worry about your lipstick being nicked when you forget to swivel your lipstick all the way down and cap your lipstick. It also allows for single hand application. How many of you have struggled to apply lipstick with a lip brush no less in a dinky toilet where you have no space to work with?

  

This is the end where the lipstick appears.


I like that Guerlain decided to add a little colour swatch on the other end of the lipstick. Makes it so much easier to pick out the lipstick you want. Be careful not to hold it the wrong way up though, I did it a few times when I started using it. I almost nicked my pretty little lipstick.





Shalimar is a medium pink leaning towards cool tones. It is actually much brighter than it looks on my lips.


I took out my other bright pink lipstick, Chanel Rouge Allure Insolente for a comparison. Shalimar is much cooler in comparison.

Left to right: Guerlain Shalimar, Chanel Insolente and Lancome Wannabe



Rouge Automatique is indeed lightweight and creamy in feel. It adheres to the lips without slipping and sliding all over. It is more satiny than glossy and thus has a longer wear time that Chanel Rouge Cocoshines and Dior Addicts. It is also forgiving on the lips. My lips do not peel after a day of wear. 

I feel that Rouge Automatique are more comparable to Rouge Allures in formula. Both have 0.12 oz of product. Automatique cost SGD$50 or USD$36 whereas Rouge Allures cost SGD$44 or SGD$32. I think that Automatique has a more adventurous shade range whereas Rouge Allures features more lady-like shades. Although it pains my wallet to drop $50 for a lipstick, I would be persuaded to pay just to get my hands on Champ Elysees.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. This is such a gorgeous wearable rose-pink, I think it's just a pinker version of Chanel's RCS Boy, and I'm looking forward to trying out Guerlain. Probably not the lipsticks first though, their new Fall palettes are making a dent in my pocket, saving up for them that is.

    Thanks for the lip swatches Jacq, incredibly helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey iariaee, are you talking about the Ecrin 4 Couleurs eye shadows? I'm liking the look of Les Violets and Les Bleus. Are you going to check them out in the local stores, if so we could meet up and check them out together. The new lipsticks are really very nice, you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.