Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre in Mirifique swatches and reviews


(Taken from Chanel website)

This intensely shimmering long-wear eyeshadow offers true versatility. An innovative gel texture that is both soft and cushiony allows it to be worn as eyeshadow or eyeliner. Includes a specially designed shadow/liner brush, developed specifically for this unique formula.






Illusion D'Ombre comes in 6 shades.

Illusoire - Purple/plum
Epatant - Khaki green/grey
Mirifique - Black
Emerveille - Peach champagne
Fantasme - White
Ebloui - Reddish brown

I couldn't stop myself and 4 pots came home with me.


Illusion D'Ombres come in glass bottles. There is 4 g or 0.14 oz of product. 









It comes with a little synthetic brush. It is a bit of a learning curve for me, I'm still figuring out how best to use the brush.

Mirifique

If you use the tip you can make a fine line. Slanting the brush would give you a thicker line.




I was not going to get Mirifique. I have enough black eye shadows and have not done many smokey eye looks recently. But it swatches so pretty especially under store lights. It shimmers and shines.



It is an intense black when swatched with fingers but when applied with a brush, it is a a sheerer soft black. Check out the above swatch using the synthetic brush given by Chanel.

The Illusion D'Ombres have an interesting texture. It is a dense almost wet-like gel that has a little bounce to it.  And no, it is quite different from the Jill Stuart Jelly Eye Colours.



Above is an eye look I made without a base. As you can see Mirifique suffers from major fallout and looks sheer. You need a good base to hold Mirifique it its place and intensify the colour. Dust loose powder under your eyes to catch fallout.





I made another eye look this time with Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base. I used my trusty MAC 210 crease brush to pat Mirifique onto my eye lids. This time with a base there was minimal fall out at all. I am very pleased with this look. The sparkle in Mirifique makes this special as compared to any run of the mill black eye shadow. 

I will have to say this again, be sure to dust loose powder under your eyes to catch the fallout, because this is a pigmented black, it is such a pain to get rid of once it smudges under your eyes.

The other Illusion D'Ombres thankfully do not have fall out problems. Although they are not water-proof, they are smudge-proof and lasts throughout my work day.

If you prefer intense pigmented colour on eyes, Chanel D'Ombres may not be your thing. They are more sheer in nature with the exception of Mirifique. These cost SGD$52 or USD$36.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I didn't pick up Mirifique but it looks beautiful on you with the base. You capture the fall out so well in your images as well. It's always tough to use a glittery eyeshadow without a base. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristie, I'm really on the fence with this one, on one hand I really love the color but on the other hand it is difficult for me to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looks gorgeous in you! I am thinking of getting the grey Empatant, have you tried it out Jacqueline? X Rena

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rena thanks girl! I do have Epatant, the review will be out shortly. It is a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. too bad there's such a major fallout @_@ it's incredibly prety IMHO! *.*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anna there is fallout only for Mirifique. Even though it has fallout issues I still like it slot, the sparkle is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.