Saturday, July 9, 2011

On an expedition to hunt down Tokapi

I have been lusted over Chanel's Byzance Collection for Fall. I saw it popping up on our local beauty blogs and I knew I had to get it before they were out of stock. Well today was a rare free Saturday for me so I went down to Orchard Road hunting for the Tokapi eye palette. Since I was going to buy Chanel make up I thought I would do use Chanel's Spring 2011 collections today.





I used the green grey colour (second to the right) for my upper eye lid, up to my crease, followed by the pearly pink colour (second to the left) as an all over lid colour. Finally, I used the pearly white colour (first on the left) as a brow highlight. I topped it off with Lorac's Front of the line liquid eye liner and used Urban Decay's Zero dipped in Make Up For Ever's Eye Seal on my upper waterline. For lashes I used Ardell's 108.




For lips, I used Rouge Allure Coquette.

There are only a few Chanel counters that sell the Byzance Collection. I first went to Isetan Scotts but were told they were sold out. The helpful SA directed me to Metro Paragon where they still had stocks.

A successful hunt!


The two blushes were very pretty but not suitable for me. I don't think I have it in me to work Rouge, a very pigmented red blush. Or is a pretty sheer gold highlighter. I can't take too much shimmer on my cheeks so I passed. I did get the Rouge Allure lipstick in Rouge Byzantin because it is such a lovely metallic ruby red. Have a look at my treasures!





I can't bear to swatch Tokapi yet. I love the imprint! Swatches and reviews coming soon!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jac, I like the look you did with Ombres Perlees! May I know what tool you used to apply Ombres Perlees? Did you use any eye primer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use a primer. It is either my Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about the tool? Did you use eyeshadow brush or the applicators that come with the Ombres Perlees?
    Reason I ask is I don't get good colour payoff with this palette no matter what I use to apply the colours. (I prime my eyes with TFSI.) But the colours show up nicely (i.e. subtly yet clearly) on your lids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nonno, I use any old eye brush but mostly MAC fluff brush in 213 I think. I also apply this wet, I spray a little MAC fix+ onto my eye brush and then pick up pigment. I also use the applicators given.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh... Forgot all abt MAC fix+. I shall try applying wet. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.