Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hourglass Aura Sheer Cheek Stain in Petal review and swatches




My Sephora reward points were going to end on the 30th of this month. I have a $40 voucher coming if I spend another $12. I knew I was going to pick up another Dior Addict lipstick so I bought one in order to get the $40 voucher. There are only some brands I can buy. I was not interested in getting any more Urban Decay, Too Faced or Pop Beauty. So I did some research on Hourglass. Apparently Hourglass makes really good eye shadows but I wasn't interested in the colours available. I read and saw reviews of their Aura Cheek Stains and thought I would give it a go. 

There are a total of three shades available. Rouge ( a sheer plum), Flush ( a berry pink) and Petal ( a sheer coral pink with shimmer). Sephora Ion only had Rouge and Petal available. I am crazy about coral so I had to go with Petal.




The Aura Cheek stain comes in a tube with 8.1 ml or 0.27 oz of product. As you can see, it is not tested on animals and is made in Japan.


You have to twist the base for product to come out. It is like my Ellis Faas blush nightmare all over again.



But it is not! After the exact 20 times, I see product saturating the cotton top. It does not gush out and every time I want to use it, all I have to do is twist and hear it click two to three times and viola just enough product to dot my two cheeks. I wish my Ellis Faas blush pen worked just as well. 



Sheered out
Sheered out
Petal is a pretty coral pink with hints of shimmer. Very subtle shimmer that does not make you look like a disco ball. I think it works great on fair to medium skin tones. It is very natural on my cheeks. It is wet so easily blended. For a more pigmented cheek, I apply more layers. It is not long lasting but fades after a few hours of wear. I used it everyday during my mini vacation and enjoyed it immensely. I am lemming Flush now.

Aura Cheek Stains go for USD $45. It sells for SGD $65. 

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.