Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chanel Byzance Collection 2011 Rouge Byzantin Rouge Allure Swatches and Reviews



I honestly do not need any more red lipsticks. I don't use them that often especially during the day. However, Rouge Byzantin is such a beautiful ruby red that I had to get it. It is also a Rouge Allure, my favourite formulation from Chanel. You can read a more detailed review of Rouge Allures here.




Sheer swatch

Heavier swatch. Under sunlight.


I put my other Chanel red lipsticks together for comparison. Rouge Byzantin looks more like a cool red on my arm, Passion is a warm red and Lune Russe looks like a burgandy.

Left to right: Rouge Byzantin, Passion and Lune Russe


It is love at first sight when I applied it on my lips. There is a rich metallic red look which somehow isn't shown in the picture. I found that it looks so good on its own that applying gloss over it would just spoil the look.

With Chanel lip liner in Rouge



Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. This really is a beautiful color! It's a lovely variation on red!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Larie, my thoughts exactly I could not pass up on it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.