Sunday, July 31, 2011

Chanel and Guerlain Haul


I'm a woman with no self-restraint. I have been shivering with anticipation over the new Chanel Illusion D'Ombres since news of them came out. When the make-up bloggette mentioned that they were out in Singapore, I knew I had to go down town to have a look at them for myself.

I already have some Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill coming my way so I didn't want to get things that would look similar. At least that was the plan. The plan was to get Emerville and perhaps a darker shadow. That's all.


Oops! As you can see, I got a little crazy. I blame it on the store lights, they made the swatches shimmer and shine. I think perhaps I was blinded by the lights and my brain did a shut down and went on auto buy mode.



As you can see, I went home with 4 pots instead of 2. Now for a little self-redemption. Tangs Orchard is having a three day beauty promotion. Every $100 you spend gets you a $10 beauty hall voucher. Illusion D'Ombres go for SGD$52. I scored myself $20 in vouchers which I promptly spent all on Guerlain Rouge Aromatique lipsticks. He! He! Rouge Aromatique lipsticks go for SGD$50.



My spirits were somewhat dampened at the Guerlain counter. The SA was determined to show my other lipsticks other that the Rouge Aromatiques until I specifically told her I wanted to try the RAs. It spoils my lipstick shopping expedition when I don't see names, instead I see numbers on lipsticks. It confuses the bimbo in me. Anyway, I wanted Champ Elysees 165 but it was out of stock. I still want Champ Elysees, it will be mine eventually, Mwah haha!

I will leave you with these pictures to tease you. I'm feeling "evil" today. Swatches and detailed pictures in the near future.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha! CHANEL does that to us, always puts us in auto buy mode! great haul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Georgina, when it comes to buying cosmetics at beauty counters I always leave with more than I intend to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You = enabler. FULL STOP. I vote for the Guerlain lipsticks please!

    BTW, I played with the Chanel pottys ytd at Metro. Second thoughts, nice. Third thoughts, goodbye wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE! love your super haul!! :D can't wait to see the pics and swatches of these!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.