Sunday, June 12, 2011

Skin 79 Super Beblesh Balm versus Dior BB Cream



I bought Skin 79 Super Beblesh cream out of curiosity while I was browsing around at Watson's. It costs SGD $29. I wanted to compare it to my Dior BB cream which I am currently loving.



Price:
Obviously, the biggest difference is the price. Dior is a premium BB cream that costs SGD $79 as compared to Skin 79 BB cream at SGD $29.

Quantity:
Dior has 30 ml of product whereas Skin 79 has 40g of product. I'm not sure how to compare given their different units but it seems like Skin 79 has more product.

SPF:
Dior has a higher SPF of 50 as compared to 25 for Skin79.




Ingredients: (I typed out the ingredients of each of the BB cream and tried to match those that were found in both. I don't know what the ingredients are for, I just wanted to highlight what were the ingredients that each had different.)

Dior:
Active Ingredients: Octinoxate, Titanium Dioxide and oxybenzone.

Other ingredients: Water, Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene, Glycol, Isododecane, Cetyl Dimethicone, Silica, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Iron Oxides, Magnesium Sulphate, Phenoxyethanol, Aluminium Stearate, Polyhydroxy Stearic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan  Sesquioleate, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Betula Alba Juice, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Alumina, Propylene Carbonate, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tetrasodium Edta, Butyphenyl Methypropional, BHT, Citronellol, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) extract, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Sodium Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Hibiscus Esculentus Fruit Extract, Sodium Chloride, Plankton Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Sodium DNA, Disodium Phosphate, Biotin, Ergothioneiene, Potassium Chloride, Potassium Phosphate and Tocopherol. (Ingredients in red are found in Skin 79 too.)

Skin 79:
Ingredients:
Propylene Glycol, Cyclomethicone, Isopropyl palmitate, Talc, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Sweet Almond Oil, Arbutin, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Camelia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Madecassoside, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Water, Triclosan, Ceramide 3, Cholesterol, Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract, Sunflower Extract, Ivy Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Piper Methysticum Leaf / Root / Stem extract, Trihydroxystearin, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch, Hydrolysate, Methicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Capric Triglyceride, Ubiquinone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Phytic Acid, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Methylparaben and Butylparaben.


Left to right: Dior and Skin 79




Shade and formula:

Dior appears more beige whereas Skin 79 is lighter and has an ashy appearance. Initially both appears too fair but after a while both match my NC30 skin. Dior has a thinner consistency. Both cover my acne scars and sun spots fairly well. Both requires powder to set. On my normal skin, they hold up in the hot and humid weather quite well. I need to blot after about 4 to 5 hours. On oily skin, I suspect you will need to blot more often.


My bare skin


With Skin 79 Beblesh Balm


Conclusion, I think both work well. I have not used both long enough to tell the long term benefits of using both BB creams. I'm only comparing based on the texture, coverage, consistency and how I feel about the product. I am also not sure if the ingredients on the Dior BB cream justify its price. If you are looking for an affordable BB cream to try, you can consider trying Skin 79.

2 comments:

  1. the skin 79 hot pink is one of my favorite BB creams! it makes my skin look glowy and radiant! but seeing the swatches, the dior bb cream looks like its a better match for an NC30 skin tone with beige tones! you just made me want to try it even more! waaaaah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey coffretgorge, you should! It is my go to makeup when I am hard pressed for time. I emailed you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.