Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in Iron Maiden review and swatches






I am lipstick crazy these days! The Shiseido Shimmering Rouge in Iron Maiden has been on my wish list since I heard about it. Everyone talks about how moisturizing and how it glides onto lips that I just had to try it myself.





There are a total of 13 shades. After swatching the available shades, I came home with Iron Maiden. A fuchsia with shimmer. I'm not sure why but I'm not totally excited by the colour selection.




It comes in a sleek tube that can be easily slipped into a pocket for touch ups. It is made of metal so It has heft and feels cool to the touch.




With sheer lipsticks, it is advisable not to turn up the lipstick too much. They can be quite soft. Don't leave them in cars too! Lest it breaks on you and causes heartbreak.





It glides onto my mouth but does not slip and slide all over the place. It is definitely more pigmented than the Chanel Rouge Coco Shines and lasts slightly longer too. It does feel gritty on my  lips which I do not like. I think it is from the shimmer. I notice that after a meal and after wiping my lips I still see bits of shimmer clinging onto my lips.






Shiseido Shimmering Rouges cost SGD $43 a dollar more that the Dior Addicts. This puts it in the premium lipstick range. I don't know, as much as I love the the colour of Iron Maiden I'm not excited about it as a whole as much as Chanel and Dior. I'm such a snob!!! I don't think I will be buying anymore colours.


Ratings: 3 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. In the tube it looks crazy, while on skin it's beautiful!!!! *_* Too bad for the gritty shimmers >.<
    Thanks for commenting about that stupid sasa nightmare! <3 Love you!
    Next time I buy some of your unwanted babies I'll surely pass on my CP too. heh
    BTW, I don't remember exactly, but do you have a MUFE store or you order your stuffs from abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie so have you resolved that problem?
    We do have MUFE here just that it is over priced I order from amazon sephora but I order more at one shot so can split up the shipping costs.
    Please let me know if I can help with CPs. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.