Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ellis Faas Blush in S302 review and swatch




When I decided to take the plunge to try out Ellis Faas products, I knew I wanted to try out one of their blush. There are a total of 4 shades. S302 looks the most suitable for me. I saw the swatch by Makeup4all and that helped me make my decision.


S302

S301


S304
S303
(Taken from Ellis Faas website)

Made with essential oils, rose water and vitamins C and E, ELLIS FAAS blush gives cheeks a touch of colour while cooling and toning the skin for an instant fresh look. Apply a dot of colour directly to the middle of the cheek with the signature ELLIS FAAS pen and fade out with your fingertips or with the sponge that comes with the powder. ELLIS FAAS blush ensures a dewy finish and long-lasting glow.

 



The Ellis Faas blush comes in a light weight silver metal click pen. When I picked it up and held it in my hands, I thought it was plastic. Looking at it closely and touching it, I realised it was metal. It is very sleek, unfortunately I am not able to see how product is left or when it is about to finish.




It is about 15 cm or 6 inches long. First look, I thought that it would made a amazing weapon! Quite handy to have in your bag. I'm not sure if I will get it trouble if I try to bring it onto a plane, I think these click pens are going to be grounded just in case. I think the length is just too long to fit a normal makeup pouch though.





There is a turning mechanism that helps the product come out. You have to turn this end in a clockwise direction. This is where it becomes tricky. The instructions say to turn the base until colour appears. I was turning it intermittenly for two days without success. Eventually when it came out, oh my gosh, it was haemorraging! So much product came out! It went everywhere. On my floor, on my brushes and on my counter. After 10 miutes it was still coming out. My heartache ached at the amount of product I was wasting considering there is only 2.5 ml.





When I finally got it to stop and work properly, I found out that one to two clicks were enough for the right amount of product to come out. I dotted it on my cheeks and blended with my fingers.



 


S302 is a warm peach shade. Its consistency is more of a sheer cream that blends very easily. It can be easily layered for a stronger look. It lasted the day without fading. It also did not emphasize my open pores or look oily at the end of the day. It looks very natural on my NC 30 skin. 









I like this blush but I am not sure if it is HG material yet though. It is expensive at USD $32 for 2.5 ml of product. So I expected to be totally wowed by it but I am not. It has a great formula with essential oils, rose water and Vitamin C. But iIs that worth paying so much? I am probably paying for the packaging. 

Apart from the initial usage problem I found the click pen to work well. The one advantage of this click pen is that I will not be having problems with the product drying out unlike those exposed in an open pot.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.