Thursday, June 23, 2011

Dior Addict in Nude swatches and review





I resisted getting the Dior Addicts because I did not like the old Dior Addict formula. I owned two in the past but sold them away. But I'm terrible, I am easily swayed by popular opinion. It didn't help that I was bombarded by fabulous reviews and swatches. I had to get one to try.

After seeing swatches of Fire, I knew that was the one I had to get. Fruity Lashes and Bluebell have great swatches of Fire.

Unfortunately, Tangs Vivocity did not have Fire. I was hell bent on getting one so I swatched everything I could get my hands on. I am currently turning towards nude colours for a change. So I wanted a nude MLBB (my lips but better) shade that would not wash me out.

I finally settled for Nude in 333.







Nude is a creamy semi sheer nude colour. It is slightly glossy without any shimmer. On its own, it can make me look slightly washed out but when paired with MAC Spice lip liner it truly becomes a MLBB shade for me. Dior Addict is very moisturizing. It glided on my lips without being slippery. I applied this a couple of times throughout the day, each application made my lips look like I just freshly applied lipstick in the morning.



Dior Addict is not long lasting. It wears away after meals. But I don't really mind reapplying, it is fun to whip out the Dior Addict. Although the casing is bulkier than what I am used to, I quite like the Dior casing. It lacks the sophistication of Chanel's black casing but it is fun and shiny! I love shiny things. 







I paired it with my Ellis Faas eye shadows in Milky Eyes E308 and Lights in E305. In order not to look washed out, I made sure I emphasized my eyes by applying black eye liner. Looking at this fotd I realize that I should put on more blush.


I am loving the new Dior Addict formula. I can't wait to get my hands on Fire. I am definitely going back for more colours. At SGD $42, it belongs to the premium lipstick range. Honestly, I don't mind paying for it.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks. 

Check out the Dior Addict website
Karla Sugar has the whole range of Dior Addict lip swatches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.