Friday, June 10, 2011

Crest 3D White Whitestrips Advanced Seal Vivid Review


I am ashamed to say that I have never taken really good care of my teeth. I am deathly afraid of the dentist. When I was little I had to sit through my mommy's root canal, I inside the room with her, I could hear and see everything. That kinda scarred me for life.

Needless to say, I did not visit the dentist for a very long time until last year. I had the worst toothache ever. If you can imagine staying up the entire night enduring the sharp pain that goes to your head. When I finally went to the dentist, I had to pull out three badly decayed teeth. Two were my wisdom teeth. It was so decayed, 3 anesthetic injections could not numb my teeth. The dentist had to get a nurse to hold me down while she yanked out my wisdom teeth. After that I swore I would go to the dentist regularly.

Anyways, all the years of neglect and coffee drinking have contributed to the yellowing of my teeth. When I take lip swatches I realise how yellow my teeth are. Especially when I wear my favourite coral/orange lipsticks, my yellow teeth stand out more. It is embarrassing. I asked around my blog for ideas and a reader pointed my way to Crest Whitestrips. (Thank you naturefall!) I was just so sick of my yellow teeth that after my pneumonia episode, it pushed me to get something done.


Before getting Crest Whitestrips, I have been using Pearl Drops Beauty Pearls Gloss Tooth Whitener for about two weeks. I went to Guardian and randomly selected it to try out. I have been religiously brushing my teeth with it twice a day with some success. I see that my teeth is perhaps a shade brighter. (When I put the shade card next to my teeth, it is embarrassingly close to the darker shades.)

I wanted even brighter teeth so I went to check out reviews on Crest Whitestrips. Most of the reviews at Amazon were good so I put in an order to try it out for myself. These cost USD $32.70. There are a total of 14 strips. The recommended usage is two packs per year.





Gross out picture of strips on!
So basically what you do is pull off the strip and apply the gelled side to your teeth like the above picture. They are quite easy to apply but somehow the bottom strip always tends to slip and slide and refuse to stick properly. I learned to dry my teeth by giving them a wipe. So these strips go on for 30 minutes The best part is, you can still drink water, talk and do almost anything except eat with these on. I usually do this in the evening after dinner. After 30 minutes, you pull of the strips. They stick firmly, so you have to apply strength when pulling them off. They are quite gross because of  all the saliva. Anyway I give my mouth a quick rinse with water after it.

I have used 4 sets of strips. Some days I forget to use it. My teeth are much more sensitive after use. I can feel it but it is something I can bear with. I feel that my teeth do look much brighter as compared with just using the Pearl Drops. (Do you think so?)


Before

After 4 days of usage
I think these are great. Teeth whitening at the dentist cost a few hundred dollars. I may not get bright white teeth, I do get brighter teeth that I won't mind flashing. It is convenient, I can continue my normal evening routine. The teeth sensitivity is bearable for me. If it bothers me a lot I skip a day and do them on alternate days. I see a difference already in 4 days. I am however not sure how it is going to look at the end of the 14 sets of strips, I will update you. Promise!

Update:
I am to my 9th strip and I notice that my teeth are more sensitive. I can't use this everyday so have been using it every alternate day. I notice that my bottom teeth aren't as white as my top. I don't see much of a difference between day 4 until now. I suspect my teeth isn't going to look any more whiter when I get to my last strip. I wasted two sets of bottoms strips because I did not dry it enough. When my teeth is even slightly wet with salliva, the strips don't stick at all and I have to throw them away.

9th strip
Update:
I have finished my last strip. My teeth is definitely more sensitive. As compared from the 9th strip to the last strip, my teeth is slightly whiter.

14th strip

Overall, I find Crest Whitestrips very effective for the price I am paying. I have ordered another 2 sets, one for my friend and another for me. Recently drugstore.com had a friends and family 20% off so I only paid about USD $27, that is quite a great deal. If you are plagued with yellow teeth, this is something I would definitely recommend.
Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for the mention! *beams* Glad it worked for you as well as it did for me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there I owe you a big thanks I'm on my second box now couldn't be more satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, how long it takes to order from drugstore.com??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mora, it takes between 2 to 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacqueline, is it possible for me to buy the strips from you? Like 7 strips? I live in Singapore and need them urgently. Any email i can contact you by? I don't wish to type my HP number here. :) Hope to hear from you soon.
    Cheers,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can contact me at mjacqueline@hotmail.com

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, wanting to try out after reading your blog. How much is the delivery fee from drugstore to singapore. Or is there any shop that sells crest products in singapore?

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, wanting to try out after reading your blog. How much is the delivery fee from drugstore to singapore. Or is there any shop that sells crest products in singapore?

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suzanne, thanks for dropping by. Unfortunately I don't know where you can get this in Sg. I pay between $20 to $25 if I ship via vpost. That's why I usually wait till there is a discount. I hope you will be are able to get yr hands on this. It's a great way to kick start yr teeth whitening, I don't need them anymore, I'm just maintaining with regular teeth brightening tooth paste.

      Delete
  9. hey, do u still have those that you dont need anymore? if u have can u sell them to me?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jacqueline, may I know where did u order the crest white strips from? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy them from drugstore.com or amazon

      Delete
  11. Try Stella white strips instead, they are free from peroxide and doesn’t cause teeth sensitivity ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.