Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lancome Color Design Lipcolor in Wannabe review and swatches


I received Lancome's Color Design lipstick as a gift with purchase during my recent Nordstrom haul.

(Taken from Lancome US website)

If your lips long for full, fade-free color in tempting textures, and a shade selection that would inspire any makeup artist; the search is over. This luxurious lipstick is infused with soothing ingredients, so lips feel soft and comforted all day. Choose from five fabulous finishes: cream, sheen, shimmer, metallic and matte.

Benefits

Delivers long-lasting color and wearability
Provides full coverage and lasting shine with one application
Non-drying formula keeps lips feeling comfortable all day

Technology
Adhesive properties
Emollient ingredients

It comes in a total of 31 mind boggling shades that are separated into 3 categories. Brown - neutrals, Pink - berries and Red - corals.



Wannabe is not a shade I would ever pick on my own. I tend to steer away from violet/berry shades. Wannabe is described as a cream, muted purple - magenta shade. I was almost going to pass it on to my mom but the hoarder in me refused to let it go. I just had to swatch it and give it a go.



I had been playing around with the idea of getting Shiseido's Iron Maiden. I think both are in the similar colour category.

Shiseido's Iron Maiden
I was pleasantly surprised that I love the colour on my lips, it looks like a cooler purple pink.



Unlike, Lancome's premium lipstick L'absolu Rouge, Color Design does not have moisture boosting Pro-xylane, Vitamin E or sunscreen. I love that it is creamy and pigmented. However, having used L'absolu, I feel that it does not glide as smoothly on lips as L'absolu Rouge. It lasts well throughout the day. I needed only one touch up after meals.

I feel that there is a difference in the quality of the two products. Color Design belongs to the cheaper range  of Lancome lipsticks. It costs USD $22 as compared to USD $29 for a L'absolu.

I like my lipsticks to be more moisturising so even though I like the color. I do not feel the urge to get any more Color Design lipsticks. I guess I am also a sucker for great packaging. I have been wowed by L'absolu that it is hard to compare a gift with purchase. I also must admit I have been totally pampered with luxury lipsticks that I can't make a good judgement on it.

Do not let my views stop you from trying Color Design. If you want creamy long lasting lipsticks with great colour selections, Color Design is a good lipstick to try. I am just being extremely finicky.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Its a pity that sometimes brands do cheaper versions of the GWP to tease you about the 'value' you're getting. But I must say that Lancome does excellent GWP compared to others. Still a nice colour tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using this a couple of times now, am really loving the colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.