Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk UV Foundation in shade 5.5 swatch



Giorgio Armani's Lasting Silk UV Foundation has been my Holy Grail foundation since 2009. You can read my 2009 review here.



It is an expensive foundation but I can't live without it. This water based foundation is so light weight that you do not feel it on your skin. On my now normal combination skin it lasts the entire day working day. In my work place, half of my day is spent in non-air conditioned environment and I spent most of my time running around. It gets humid and I do sweat a bit. I can go without blotting without looking overly shiny. It provides sheer to medium coverage. It is easy to blend especially with the GA Beauty Blender and it never looks mask-like.



Through the years my skin tone seems to have changed. I have been using foundations in lighter shades for the last few months.  I tried Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 5.5 and found the shade to be suitable. I realised that my current shade of 7 is too dark for me. I decided to get a lighter shade. I was torn between 5.5 and 6.5. I thought that 6.5 would not be so different from 7 so decided to get 5.5.



When I swatched it, I knew immediately it was too light for me. So now I mix shade 5.5 and 7 together to get the perfect shade. I must remember to get shade 6 or 6.5 next time.






Here is a shade comparison of all the Giorgio Armani foundations I own. From left to right, Lasting Silk UV in 5.5, Luminous Silk in 5.5 (notice the difference!), Lasting Silk in 7 and Face Fabric in 3. My skin tone leans more towards neutral tones. I find the beige pink tones match better than those with yellow in it.

The troublesome part is having access to Giorgio Armani, the only Asian countries that sell them are Japan and Hong Kong. I always get my friends and relatives to buy me GA when they are there. Alternatively, you can buy GA from Nordstrom.

I love GA as a brand on the whole, I find that they produce really good quality products. Of all the items I have bought, I have no once felt that it was a waste of my money. Some stand out items are their Fluid Sheers and powder blush. I am currently eyeing the latest Eyes To Kill Intense eye shadows. They look awesome.

#05- Gold Blitz
Do you have any Giorgio Armani favourites?

6 comments:

  1. Haven't tried this brand yet, but I heard lots of great things about this foundation. Now I really need to check it out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a great foundation. I always reach for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm really not a foundation junkie but this one looks really good! My main problem is super super sensitive skin that reacts to most base products. After awhile I realized I'm allergic to denatured alcohol in skincare products and eliminating products with denat. alcohol has helped a lot. You should check out the makeup blogette/Sophia's swatches of the Eyes To Kill shadows - they look really good! But might be a bit shimmery for work if your workplace is conservative. http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/More-Giorgio-Armani-Eyes-Kill-Intense-Swatches-14924388

    ReplyDelete
  4. where in hk can i buy this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last year, I got 5.5 and found that it's too light for me as well. This year, I bought 6.5....it's ok, may be a little yellowish. I may need to try to mix it with 5.5 to try a new shade. I noticed that 5.5 and 6 has not got a big difference, 6 is a little bit yellowish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Patricia, thanks for popping by! Thanks for letting me know about the shade difference between 5.5 ad 6. I still have a long way to go before I finish using my two bottles but I have sights on the new foundation called the Designer Lift foundation. Have you tried it?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.