Monday, May 2, 2011

Gifts for mother on Mother's Day

I went to shop for gifts for both my mother and mother-in-law.

Since my mother was more into skincare than makeup, I bought for her Kiehls' Abyssine Cream.

(Taken from Kiehl's website)
The anti-wrinkle moisture solution from the deep.
• Anti-wrinkle defense cream to help reduce the signs of aging and protect skin from external damage
• Abyssine, a survival molecule which thrives under the extreme conditions in hydrothermal ocean vents, helps soothe and protect skin.
• Helps minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while defending skin from free radical damage.
• Dermatologist-tested and suitable for sensitive skin.
• Cool Kiehl’s Fact: The Abyssine 657 “survival molecule” is a polysaccharide found in the depths of the ocean. The ingredient is derived from microorganisms discovered near the Galapagos hydrothermal vents in the Pacific Ocean at a depth of 3,000 meters where the algae is able to adapt itself to the harshest conditions.


I was actually torn between this and the Cryste Marine Firming Cream. I thought Abyssine would suit my mother's needs better. To top it off, the SA was generous enough to include a few samples including the Cryste Marine Cream, Double Strength Deep Wrinkle Filler and the Super Restorative Argan Body Lotion.

For my mom-in-law, I bought her the new Diorsnow BB Creme White Reveal. My mom-in-law tends to use powdered compact that is too fair for her skin tone. And she likes to pile it on. I am hoping that this BB cream would be able to help her with her skincare concerns and give her a more natural look without too much fuss.
(Taken from the Dior website)

BB Creme White reveal UV protection SPF 50 - PA+++
Lightweight yet powerful, this true skin-perfecting shield instantly protects and targets to reduce dark spots and imperfections. A powerful UV filter ensures effective protection against damaging UV rays. Enriched with new generation correcting pigments, its formula diminishes dark spots and all skin irregularities while boosting the radiance of the complexion. The skin is immediately and perfectly evened out and protected, revealing incredible transparency.


I asked for two sample sachets to try out myself. Reviews and comparison swatches soon!

So what did you get for your mom?

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, let me know how you like the Diorsnow! I'm currently using mineral makeup as I've got super crazy sensitive skin and almost everything breaks me out for bases, though I love the idea of BB creams. Got my mom 2 bangles from Island Shop which I bought a month or two ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your mommy is going to be delighted. The Diorsnow is super sheer, I am waiting for the weekends to test out how long wearing it is, keep you updated soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks :) Hmm, super sheer doesn't really sound like my kind of thing, I like a very natural look but still light-medium coverage. I tried the LM Golden Apricot today for a dinner out now that my exams are over (what a rarity!) and I love it, thanks! It's really true to its name - a bronzed apricot - and was very nice for a warm glow. Was very glad it didn't turn orange on me as I'm cool-toned and can't pull off most warm shades at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel, I am so glad you are liking Golden Apricot. :)
    So all your exams are over? Yay for you. Time to relax and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.