Friday, May 27, 2011

Ellis Faas Cosmetics




I have been interested in the Ellis Faas brand of cosmetics for quite some time now. I am attracted to its innovative product packaging.



Most of their products are housed in a silver click pen.



It also features a really cool holder for you to keep your products in.

Check out Ellis Faas at their website. Their concept is explained here and the Ellis holder and how it was designed is explained here. I love their slogan Make Up Not War.

I have been seeing some really great swatches and reviews on the Internet. Here are some of them:

Witoxicity and some of her eye looks
Pretty, pretty, pretty and lip product swatches.
Glitter, Glamour and Grace product swatches.

Lisa Eldridge my favourite make up guru reviews Ellis Faas products below.


Based on the online swatches at Ellis Faas, I chose three items to try out.






I ordered Milky Eyes 208 which looks like a pink shade. Lights in 305 which looks like a duo chrome metallic brown/green and blush in 302 which looks like a pink coral shade. I hope the online swatches are accurate. I am not getting the holder yet. I will see if the products do live up to the mark before spending more money.

These products are not cheap. The blush goes for USD $32, Milky Eyes USD $36 and Lights USD $42. They provide international shipping, I paid USD$7.50 for shipping and handling.

I ordered my items and waited for almost two weeks, constantly checking my mailbox for my goodies to arrive. It never arrived. When I checked my purchase order I realised I made the biggest boo boo. I typed in the wrong unit number of my address by mistake. I made a trip to my local post office and even met up with the wonderful lady that delivers mail in our area begging them to look out for my parcel. Unfortunately nothing came out of it. I emailed Ellis Faas customer service and within three days was told they would resend my items to me. Wow! What wonderful service. In Singapore if you had such a problem, it would be your loss since you made the mistake.

I finally received my items. Unfortunately, two of the pens do not work. After sending an email to inform the company, I receive an email the next day informing me that they would be replacing my defective ones. I really impressed with the service. However due to them writing an incomplete address, my package was left at Speedpost for more than 2 weeks. I only found out a few days back. I finally received my items after more than 2 months. It is enough to sour my whole buying experience with Ellis Faas.

I must say though their customer service is very responsive. Thanks Monique.

Reviews and swatches of products coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.