Thursday, May 19, 2011

Diorsnow BB Creme Swatches and Reviews


I bought my Mom-in-law the Diorsnow BB creme for Mother's Day. I asked for samples to try so that I could do a brief review and swatch.



I was really into bb creams for a time but unfortunately could never find one that matched my skin tone perfectly. I also had very oily skin in the past and the bb creams I purchased just did not control oil well for me. I finally settled for liquid foundations because I wanted oil-free medium to full coverage.



This is the first bb cream I have tried in about three years.



Diorsnow BB Creme



(Taken from the Dior Hong Kong website)


Lightweight yet powerful, this true skin-perfecting shield instantly protects and targets to reduce dark spots and imperfections. A powerful UV filter ensures effective protection against damaging UV rays. Enriched with new generation correcting pigments, its formula diminishes dark spots and all skin irregularities while boosting the radiance of the complexion. The skin is immediately and perfectly evened out and protected, revealing incredible transparency.




Left to right: GA Luminous Silk 5.5, Diorsnow BB Creme and MUFE HD 123 Desert









Swatched on paper






Diorsnow is has the thickest consistency of all the foundations I have. It looks like it has more of a neutral tone. It suited my NC30 skin tone quite well. The SA said that it would suit all kinds of skin tones, I don't think so. It is definitely not for those that are very fair or very dark. I know bb creams are supposed to suit most skin tones but I don't believe it is possible. You should probably get samples to try before you buy it.



The first time I used it, I used very little so it was very sheer on me. It looked like I had nothing on. The second time I used more, coverage was much better and it matched my skin tone. It didn't cover my acne scars or brown spots but it looked like I had better skin. I skipped moisturiser, sun block and primer. Instead I primed my skin with just my Estee Lauder Advance Night Repair serum. It did feel a little heavy on my skin. It gave a luminous glow which I set with my GA loose powder. I wore this to my exotic dance class and after some sweating I found that my skin was a little shiny. That was about 4 hours later.



I don't think this is suitable for ladies with oily skin. Best for normal and dry skins. I prefer using my fingers to blend it out. As compared to liquid foundations, I find bb creams to be a little harder to blend in general. This bb cream is not exception. I think that warming up the bb cream with your fingers helps it to glide better. It gives medium coverage when you use one full pump and sheer coverage with half a pump. I don't think this should be used as a base for foundation. It will be too thick. I didn't want to use a primer because you shouldn't need to use one. The whole idea of bb creams is that it serves many functions at one go. Part skincare part foundation.

I'm a foundation whore lately. I love every foundation I try, there is nothing I don't like. I am liking this as well. The biggest plus for me is that I can skip many steps to my normal makeup routine. It also gives me a glow unlike the oil-free foundations that I own which are most matte.

This has a SPF of 50. I know I have said that in order for the sunblock to work, you need to use 1/4 to 1/3 teaspoon of sunblock. I think you can get away with skipping your sunblock application with this bb cream because you are using more cream than say a powder compact. I'm not sure if it is my imagination but after makeup removal and washing my face, my face felt slightly smoother.

This bb cream comes in a tube with a pump. One pump is enough to cover your face for medium coverage.



This goes for SGD $79 for 30 ml. It is apparently a hot selling item at the Dior counters. I honestly have too many foundations but this has created a serious lemming.


I caved in!

On a side note, this bb creme contains oxybenzone. There is quite a bit of controversy. I wiki ed oxybenzone and came across conflicting reports. I'm not that concerned myself, maybe I should be but read this and you decided for yourself.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. im nc30 too! aah! i want to try it! hahaha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been bugging the Dior counters here for extra samples. I am so terrible. Have to be thick skin and say you want to try it before making a decision to buy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.