Saturday, May 21, 2011

Chanel Summer 2011 Collection Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Corail Review and Swatches

I only wanted to pick up the new Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua but I have been bombarded with so many beautiful swatches and reviews of the Soleil Tan De Chanel online that I had to pick it up. Cafe Make (the blog I go to for all things Chanel) has the most gorgeous pictures and swatches. Please see them here. Temptalia another great makeup resource has swatches here.





It costs SGD $77 at the local counters. When I saw the actual size of the product, I was actually surprised at how large it was compared to the Joues Constraste. I had the impression it would be smaller.

Left to right: Soleil Tan and Joues Contraste




The brush that comes with the compact is quite nice. It is soft and does not shed. Using this brush gives you are medium sheer application. If you want something to give a more pigmented look, you probably have to use a smaller and denser brush.



I definitely do not need anymore bronzers. The few I have are enough for me and I don't use them much anyway. But the coral shade hooked me in. So pretty! Here is my Soleil Tan doing some cam whoring!





My camera doesn't do it justice. It is very pretty under bright sunlight. The colours are shimmery.

Under bright sunlight


I apologise for not swatching the top caramel shade properly. It looks very sheer but isn't. I just didn't swatch it hard enough. I normally swish the brush around to pick up all shades and apply it to the apples of my cheeks. It gives a sheer sun kissed look. Very natural. If I wanted to stronger look, I layer it with one of my cream/gel coral blush.

There is another version of Soleil De Tan in Bronze Rose. The colours are more muted. Suitable more for fairer skin tones. You can check out pictures at Cafe Makeup and Temptalia.


This bronzer is very versatile. I won't call it a true bronzer but more of a natural blush. I can see myself just using the coral shade for blush and the bronze shades for contouring. I could also use the bronze and highlighter shades for eye shadows to create a natural look. I love that this gives just a hint of shimmer without over doing it. It is not easy to overdo this bronzer. The colour is long lasting, I do not need to reapply this throughout the day. It applies sheer not chalky. The texture of the powder is very soft, when you use the brush to brush over the surface, there is powder being kicked up. It is not an issue for me. I just pick up the loose powder with the brush and apply it too.

Rating: 5 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.