Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté 'Creme Fresh' Tint for Lip and Cheek in Poppy Review and Swatches


Le Métier de Beauté is an American luxury beauty brand that is sold exclusively in certain shops namely Nordstrom, Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus in the US. I have seen review and swatches of the famously expensive Kaleidoscope eye shadows. I wanted to try something from the brand so I picked the Creme Fresh Tint in Poppy the brightest colour shown in the Nordstrom swatch.

There are currently 5 shades available. Coral Nymph, Ginger Lily, Mystique, Poppy and Tenne.




(Taken from Nordstrom website)

Crème Fresh Tints for Lip and Cheek create a sheer wash of color to brighten cheeks and lips for a radiant glow. Blended over make-up or on fresh clean cheeks, Crème Fresh Tints can be worn alone or together for a completely customized look. Dab on lips for a fresh stain; add Clearly Brilliant over the tint for a brilliant shine.




Poppy is a sheer light fresh peach pink colour. Against the sunlight, there are micro shimmers that are not visible on the cheeks.




The formula is very soft, unlike Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouges and Stila's Convertible Colours. I was not expecting it so when I dipped my finger into the pot for a swatch the above happened. For this particular cream blush, I can't dip my blush brush, I use my fingers.










Creme Fresh feels more emollient as compared to BB Pot Rouges and MUFE HD blush, they glide onto my cheeks with little effort. I prefer to use my fingers to apply and blend then give it a once over with my blush brush. It gives a glowy look that may not be suitable for oily skins. I think this works best on normal to dry skin. On my NC30 skin it looks light like a faint flush. Lighter skin tones will find that Poppy shows up more.




As a lip tint, it gives an unscented wash of colour. Unfortunately, I find it too pale on my lips. So I don't think I will be using this as a lip tint. I am also weary of dipping my lip brush into the pot. I find it unhygienic to be using something on my lips and then applying it on my cheeks. It is a pimple disaster waiting to happen. It is better to use clean fingers to apply this as a lip tint.

I love the texture and finish this creme blush gives me. They apply and blend so much better than the MUFE HD blush which can apply streaky and patchy if not blended properly. It is a natural blush so it is meant to give a natural tint. I guess I am use to more colour on my cheeks. I can definitely see myself pairing this with my bright lip looks.

You can also read reviews and see more swatches at The Beauty Look Book, London MakeUp Girl and Beauty Scribbler.

Creme Fresh Tint is the cheapest product in the whole Le Métier de Beauté range at USD $28 for 5 ml/0.17 oz. For comparison sake, Pot Rouge sells USD $24 for 11 ml/0.38 oz. I think it is a great product for the price point. I don't mind paying more for Le Métier de Beauté.  I would definitely buy more if they introduced more colours for medium to darker skin tones.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.