Monday, April 25, 2011

Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara Review




I love mascara samples. They are small and easy to carry around. You get to try brands that you would not normally buy and considering that mascara expires in about 4 to 6 months throwing away unfinished samples is less of a heartache. Unfortunately, even though I am currently using full sized ones, I can't resist opening up new mascaras to try.

(Taken from Lancome website)

Get instant lash drama in a single coat with this ultra volume-boosting mascara that’ll take lashes from so-so to show-stopping. The full contact brush, with its S-shaped curve, grasps and loads lashes for a fanned out, full body fringe. Lancôme’s luxe Texturizing Complex features highly saturated waxes and intense black pigments for maximum lash volume. The triple coating system delivers a fluid and creamy application to quickly and easily build big, battable lashes that won’t clump or flake.

Benefits
Unique, over sized brush provides full contact with lashes for ultimate volume
Delivers maximum lash coating with immediate load gives lashes instant volume
Fluid, creamy gliding formula evenly coats lashes from root to tip for buildable volume
Promises intense, deep color
Fragrance-Free. Ophthalmologist Tested. Allergy Tested. Safe for contact lens wearers.

Technology
New over sized S-shaped curve full contact Convex Brush
Texturizing Complex formula with highly saturated waxes
Triple Coating System enriched with Pro Vitamin B5
Deep Carbon Black Pigments



I am fascinated by the wavy brush wand. I have never seen one like this before. It is a good sized wand, enough for me to coat most of my lashes without being so over sized that I have difficulty coating my lashes with smudging them.

The formula is wet. So the first time I used it, I smudged my bottom eye area. You need to let it set for a few more seconds and after bat your lashes on a tissue to make sure the mascara does not transfer.

Mascara off!

Lancome Hypnose Drama on!

Maybelline Lash Stiletto on!

Maybelline Volume Express

For my eye shot, I tilted my head more than usual so it looks like my lashes are much longer than they normally are. I do find that my lashes are fuller and slightly longer that my Maybelline Lash Stiletto. Hynose Drama does not flake nor smudge. Even with a few coats, it does not make your lashes feel crunchy and look like spider legs.

It costs USD $25. I am leaning towards the waterproof version. I am on the fence about it actually. It definitely works better than Maybelline Lash Stiletto. I can't really tell the difference between Hynose and Volume Express. I am not willing the pay double just for something that works slightly better.

 
Ratings: 3 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. the lancome hynose drama isn't available in singapore right? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Estee, you are right only the hypnose waterproof is available in Singapore, I checked the Lancome Singapore website. I'm not sure of the two are the same.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.