Monday, April 4, 2011

Lorac Front Of The Line Pro Liner review and swatches


In my quest for the perfect waterproof liquid eye liner, I picked up Lorac's Front of the line Pro eye liner to try out. I will do anything to find a truly waterproof eye liner!

(Taken from Lorac website)

This high-performing no-smudge, no-budge, water-resistant liquid eye liner boasts a unique automatic delivery system that provides a clean, precise application. The flexible tip provides ultimate control, accuracy and smooth strokes, so you’ll never miss your lines. From very fine to dramatically bold, this versatile pro will take you to the front of the line every time!

Create any eye makeup look you desire with LORAC’s eye shadows and eyeliners! For more eye makeup techniques take a look at the LORAC Close Up Real Life To Red Carpet Eye Tutorial. The Eye Tutorial Kit comes with step-by-step instructions for applying makeup like a pro and remember: practice makes perfect!
0.55ml/0.02 fl. oz.



The click pen packaging is sleek and easy to use. The moment I opened it up and used it for a swatch, I got a nice wet line. I read reviews from Make Up Alley that a few users had issues with product coming out but it did not happen to me.


The tip was nice and firm, not too long or short. It made lining very easy. It was easy to make a cat eye flick with this pen. Here are some closeup view of Lorac eye liner on my eye sans mascara. I really like how smoothly it glides. I do not have steady hands so usually cannot make a straight line for nuts but this was easy.







The pigmentation was just okay. It was not as dark as my Kiss Me Heroine eye liner or MAC's Penultimate Eye liner. You cannot tell from the swatch though. I ran all three swatches through water and all of them held up well. I applied it on my eye lids and sprayed water over it, blinked a couple of times and walked around. The eye liner held on without smudging. I was very happy and did a gleeful dance. Have I found my HG?

I wore it for dinner a few days later. I had a coughing fit which brought me to tears. When I got home, my eyes were a mess! It smudged all over the place. It was then I realised that perhaps the water test wasn't such a good test after all. Our tears consist of water, mineral salts, antibodies and lysozyme (bactericidal enzyme) (from yahoo answers) very different from water thus it could be the other ingredients that cause the smudging. I guess I should be looking for tear-proof eye liner.

For ladies who are not prone to teary eyes , you would find Lorac a good product to use. That being said there are quite a few cheaper eye liners out there that work well too.


Left to right: Lorac, Kiss Me Heroine and MAC Penultimate

As you can see, Lorac is the thinnest. MAC has slightly more product, I'm not sure about Kiss Me Heroine. Lorac goes for USD$22, MAC Penultimate goes for USD$17.50. I got my Kiss Me Heroine for less than SGD$20. Lorac is just too expensive for a okay product. I'm still searching for my HG eye liner.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.