Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eye and lip of the day

I went to the hospital to have my lungs checked out after my pnuemonia episode. You must think I'm vain, I'm going to the hospital for goodness sake. But I refuse to go out of the house without any makeup on.

I've also been experimenting with my camera to try and get better pictures of my makeup. I'm very envious of all the beauty bloggers out there who take great pictures. So pardon me if I bombard you with blah eotds. I'm learning.

I am rediscovering my love for MAC Indianwood Paint Pot and Chanel Ombre D'eau in Source. This is a simple neutral eye that pairs well with bright coral/orange lips.


Top to bottom: Chanel Ombre D'eau in Source and MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood
I experimented with a new way to line my eyes. I usually make use of my wardrobe mirror. I'll stand close to it, lower my lashes and pull gently at the corners to line. When I do this, my lashes sometimes get in the way. Today I decided to place a big compact mirror on my kitchen table and lean over it to line. Again I lower my lashes eye, I realise that somehow it is much easier to line. My lashes do not get in the way. Have you tried that before? I'm such a noob at times!
Without mascara

With mascara



 I'm really loving my Chanel Rouge Coco Shines, depending on the lipliner I apply as a base, I can get varying shades. This is Rebelle with Chanel Natural Lip Liner. I love the coral tinge it leaves behind even when the lipstick fades away.


Anyway, great news! My lungs are all clear. I'm just waiting for my cough to go away so that I can start my exercise routine again.

2 comments:

  1. Heyy! Was looking around for lip liners and came across your page :) the colour looks amazing but I'm on a tight budget :( is there a dupe? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! That is a good question. I've never really thought about dupes though so I'm not sure which would be a good dupe. I'm sorry I can't be of help :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.