Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick in Wild Fire review and swatches


Wild Fire is part of Estee Lauder's Wild Violet Pure Color Spring Collection. I first saw it here in Makeup Blogette's blog. It was so striking and pretty on her that I had to get it for myself. So I picked it up during my Nordstrom haul.



(Taken from Estee Lauder website)

PRODUCT DETAILS

Color so incredible, it leaves your lips wanting more.
True Vision™ technology takes ordinary color and makes it extraordinary.
In a seductive spectrum of shades, from sublime to vivid.

TRUE VISION™ COLOR
Maximized color impact
Magnified vibrancy, clarity and dimension
Amplified brilliance

INDULGES YOUR LIPS
In 2 seductive finishes: Satin, Lasting Creme and Lustrous, Lasting Shimmer
Medium-to-full, buildable coverage.
Long-lasting wear
Fade-resistant
Enriched with lip-loving ingredients, including apricot kernel, shea butter and murumuru butter that leave lips soft and creamy smooth.




I'll be honest, I would never have picked up an Estee Lauder lipstick. I guess it is because I have just been so focused on Chanel. I find the gold casing very pretty. Not tacky at all. I love that it is not entirely gold, the bottom part of the casing shows you exactly what colour it is. So if you have a handful for Estee Lauder lipsticks, it is easy to locate what you want in a jiffy.





I can't seem to capture how gorgeous it is. It is a striking orange red not for the faint of heart. It is creamy and glides on intensely in one stroke. It is very pigmented.

Under bright sunlight

Under bright sunlight

Taken in indoors

Taken indoors

I took pictures of swatches on two different occasions. I could not decide which want to show so I'm just going to bombard you for the deliciousness that is Wild Fire. I'm not sure why the first set of swatches appear slightly sheerer than the second set though.

I whipped out my Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion for a comparison.


Top to bottom: Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion and Estee Lauder Pure Colour lipstick in Wild Fire

Under bright sunlight
I find the Pure Colour lipstick to be thicker in consistency, not exactly light weight as compared to Rouge Allures. It stays put after a meal and drinks with little need for reapplication. I'm not sure long well it will last throughout the day. I have not experimented using this for very long hours. Wild Fire isn't exactly a work friendly colour. I do expect that it may not reapply as well as the first application during the course of the day.




My lip swatches looks totally different from what I can see with my eyes! It looks almost brownie pink and more subdued. It is not! I prefer wearing this without and lip balm and lip gloss, it looks better on its own on my skin. It has a satiny sheen. Because it is such a strong colour even after removing it with makeup remover, it still leaves a slight stain on the lips.

There are currently 30 shades in the Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick collection. Coral Fantasy a limited edition color looks right up my alley too.

These lipsticks cost USD $24. In Singapore, they go for SGD $33. After conversion they are about the same price, so picking it up at local counters makes economical sense.

I give a thumbs up for the amazing colour but even though it has "lip loving" ingredients it did not leave my lips feeling soft and moisturised after wear. I feel that it wears best for 4 to 5 hours tops. Price wise, it is one of the more affordable lipsticks. I would not be putting this under the luxe lip category. More towards the mid price range lipstick.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks and a + just because of the colour

6 comments:

  1. hey dear, i mailed out your package yesterday! sent you some of my personal favourite of the My Beauty Diary Masks! hope you like them too!

    i sent you a couple of falsies including a pack of individual ones, i'm too lazy to put them on individually! and also a koji lash glue. its quite good for the price!

    please dont trouble yourself in sending me the samples of the HD blush, i dont want to waste them because i can't seem to make liquid / cream / mousse blushers work for me. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kimoko, thank you for sharing your goodies with me. I'm sorry to hear liquid/cream/mousse blushers don't work for you. Any particular powder blushers you are in love with at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colour is awesome! To be honest I never really go for Estee Lauder as it has a bit of an older or more mature lady sort of feel, but they have been quite surprisingly lately - these lipsticks in surprisingly modern and bright colours as well as their new nail polishes in some really eyecatching shades: http://joeychong.wordpress.com/2011/03/29/introducing-new-estee-lauder-pure-color-nail-lacquer/

    Maybe they're trying to change their image a bit for makeup? I do find their skincare range quite decent though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Rachel, same here all this while Estee Lauder has been a brand I neglect because I thought they were auntish. But lately their colors especially the 5 colour eye shadow palettes have been stunning. I love the look of the summer collection. The starfish bronzer looks so pretty.

    I love the advance night repair serum and eye cream. They are great products.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the Advance Night Repair Serum too, when EL was giving out free 15ml samples of it. I loved how it felt for the first 2 days I tried it but then it broke me out! I have very sensitive skin which goes a little crazy especially with rich anti-aging products, so I gave it to my mom in the end and she used it faithfully. I donate lots of products to her, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby ad the worst sunburn on his face, his skin was peeling. I made him use the advance night repair, actually more like forced. His face was healed by day 3 that's why I love it so. My mom gets many of my samples too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.