Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Sari D'eau, Rebelle and Romance swatches and reviews




These are my new toys! The new Chanel Rouge Coco Shines that were recently released in April.

(Taken from Chanel website)

ROUGE COCO SHINE Hydrating Sheer Lipshine provides lasting moisturizing shine in a water-light texture. The formula glides on for easy application, and a unique HYDRATENDRE complex hydrates and softens lips, giving them a healthier and fuller appearance. Available in a complete range of shades, from delicate beiges to dazzling berries, with a hint of shimmer to enhance a glossy finish.

There are 18 shades shown on the Chanel website, At the Singapore counters I counted a total of 20 shades. They cost SGD $44 or USD $32.
 




 
I tend to go for creamy, intense and opaque colours. But I just couldn't resist these. It was very hard to just pick one or two shades. As these are sheerer than the Rouge Cocos and Rouge Allures, I decided to get shades that were sure to pop out more. I ended up with Sari D'eau, Rebelle and Romance. All paid for by DH, I love it when I don't have to pay for my makeup!
 


Top: Rouge Coco Shine
Bottom: Rouge Coco


The Rouge Coco Shines comes in the traditional classy black casing with gold interlocking Cs. When you close the cap, there is a satisfying click. It has a nice heft to it that makes you feel that you are carrying a luxurious product. As you can see, it is shorter and slimmer than the Rouge Cocos.


Sari D'eau under bright sunlight


 
Initially without swatching I already had in mind to either pick up Sari D'eau or Liberte. Sari D'eau is a much stronger and vibrant coral so I picked this instead. Here is a comparison of Rouge Coco Sari Dore and Rouge Coco Shine Sari D'eau so you can see the difference in opacity and texture.


Left to right: Sari Dore and Sari D'eau under bright sunlight


 
You can see how opaque Rouge Cocos are in comparison with Rouge Coco Shines.
 
I lip swatched them as well. Under each application, I applied Chanel Hydramax lip balm before lipstick application. I notice that it sheers out the colour even more. If you were to apply Rouge Coco Shines directly without any lip balm, the colour stands out more. Be sure to get rid of flaky lips and ensure a smooth and healthy base before application.


Natural lip with concealer around the edges and Chanel Natural lip liner




Sari D'eau on lips
The following lip swatch was taken without lip balm and with MAC Spice lip liner as a base. I felt that the colours were more opaque and lasted slightly longer.

Sari D'eau with MAC Spice Lip Liner as base


I love Rebelle! Juicy sheer red. If you are want to experiment with reds but don't dare to do a full on red lip, this is a way to take baby steps.

Rebelle under bright sunlight


Rebelle on lips



More opaque Rebelle with Chanel Natural Lipliner as a base

Romance is the pink that shows up the most. If you have pigmented lips, Romance would be a good bet. The other pinks would probably not show up well.

Romance under bright sunlight

Romance on lips


Finally, all the pretty lip swatches in a row. Enjoy!




Under bright sunlight

My thought and views on Rouge Coco Shines:

As I said earlier, I prefer full-on creamy and intense colour. I don't see myself buying anymore of these not because I don't like them but because the rest of the colours will be too muted to show up on me. Also I'm not into berry or brown colours.

Rouge Coco Shines are just gorgeous to apply. They glide on like butter. Once applied, you don't feel them at all, they are light weight. They are semi-sheer so they let your natural lip colour shine through. However, they are not so sheer that they are like lip balm that wears away very quickly. Great for ladies who like lip glosses and want to explore the realm of lipsticks. I find that Rouge Coco Shines are hydrating, they do not crack or peel my lips. They do not last long though. It will not survive a meal.

These are just super for casual weekends when you want light makeup. It has 3 g of product as compared to 3.5 g for Rouge Allures and Rouge Cocos., but cost just the same. I would say that they are slightly more expensive.


Ratings: 4 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. They look like they have a great texture but I think the colours are too sheer for me too. They would really be perfect to leave in your purse as they look like the sort of shades which are really easy to wear and just slick on when you're on the go. Chanel's such a lovely indulgence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed that Chanel is a decadent indulgence. :)

    They are actually not so sheer. I made a mistake of applying balm immediately before lipstick. It made the lipstick slip and slide more thus making it sheer. Without lip balm and with lip liner as base, the pigmentation is quite good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.