Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Almost finished product: YSL Gloss Volupte in Iced Lychee


I have never finished a makeup item. Ever! Of course I've thrown away quite a few items in my time but they were due to the fact that they have gone bad. This is my first ever product ever almost finished. Take a look!



My little letter to Iced Lychee:

Ah Iced Lychee, I sensed I made a bad choice spending my money on you. You gave me very little colour. I admit you have a gorgeous mango scent and made my lips look glossy and plump. But you gave me very little colour! I only truly began to like you when you partnered my lip stains. You opened my eyes to new possibilities. I thank you for accompanying me last week, you prevented me from looking like a ghastly ghost while I was struggling sick at work. You kept my lips moist with a hint of colour at work when my lips were raw and peeling. My lip stains will truly miss you when you are gone. Thank you.

Are you finishing any makeup items? I would love to know what they are!

6 comments:

  1. hahaha your letter to iced lychee is so sweet! is it LE? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Georgina! YSL website still has it, I bought this just before YSL pulled out of Singapore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I wanted to know which had more moisture. The YSL Gloss Volupte or the Rouge Coco Shine? I tried the Chanel and my lips were dry after wearing it a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie, YSL has more moisture for sure but I didn't like the fact that it was so sheer. I only use this with my lip stains. I'm so sorry to hear that the coco shines were drying on you, that must have been a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for responding:) I was thinking of getting the Gloss Volupte#8 Glazed Black Currant. Now i guess i will have to go and get it! I saw the color swatches on KarlaSugar and they are soo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mango scent is to die for. I think it is a good idea to get the darker shades, they would stand out more. I think the Raspberry one looks really nice too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.