Saturday, March 12, 2011

Orange lips

I was reading Citrine's blogpost about orange lipsticks. I was inspired. I love orange and coral lips. So I took out my most "in your face" orange lip products and played with them.

With bright orange lips, you have to keep everything else fresh and simple. For me, natural blush like Korres Zea Mays blush in Natural, neutral eye shadows like MAC Shroom and black eyeliner with either coats of volumising mascara or Ardell's 108 eye lashes to give my eyes a little more oomph.

I also notice bright orange lips also emphasis yellow teeth which unfortunately I have. (Does anyone have recommendation of good teeth whiteners?)

Left to right: MUFE Aqua Lip in 17C, MAC Amplified lipstick in Morange and Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in Genie


What I used:
Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip pencil in 17C
MAC Amplified lipstick in Morange
Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in Genie

I find both the MUFE Aqua lip pencil and the MAC Amplified Cream to be drying if you do not prep your lips with lip balm. If you have cracked or peeling lips, these two products can be quite unforgiving. I only used a little concealer over my lips so I found both products to have dragged on my lips.

Without gloss.
Morange gives me a matt finish. So I topped it off my gloss for a juicier effect.

With lip gloss
So are you game to try bright orange?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqueline,

    Do try Crest Whitestrips Pro Effects, avail on drugstore.com. These are my go-to whitening strips. It comes in a pack of 20 pairs, but usually 10 applications will give me noticeable whiter teeth.

    If cost is not an issue, then go for BriteSmile or Zoom Whitening at the professionals. Think it is around $900 and above.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I'll go there and check them out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.