Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kiehl's Acai Damage Minimizing Cleanser


(Taken from Kiehl's website)

This gently foaming antioxidant-rich cleanser helps to clear skin of impurities and protect against the visible effects of oxidative damage to skin's tone, texture, and elasticity. Ecocert Organic Certified. 100% Natural Origin Ingredients. Paraben, Sulfate and Silicone-Free. Gently cleanses and helps preserve skin's natural moisture barrier. Soothes and relieves skin exposed to oxidative stress. Reveals a healthful, radiant clarity to skin.


I have always been a fan of Kiehl's products especially skincare products. So when I decided to change my cleanser (Kiehl's Yerba Mate Cleanser) I went back to Kiehl's and asked the SA to make a recommendation for me.

I have been have a dry and itchy patch around my nose area since I had a laser treatment done at my regular facial place last year. Although I love the Yerba Mate Cleanser a lot, the use of it has not helped my dry and itchy patch. The SA recommended Acai Damage Minimizing Cleanser to me.

I have used up a bottle and am on my second bottle now. Coupled with other facial products, my dry patch although not solved, is calmer, less red and itchy unless I use something too strong for that area.

It keeps my face clean and supple. I like that is is gentle on my skin, my face doesn't feel tight after a wash. Together with other products I do see a general brighter and clearer looking face. Something I'm very happy about. As I grow older (sadly) I need to find products that will help me fight environmental damage and help keep my sun spots at bay. This product just suits that purpose for me.
 

It comes in a pump bottle which you have to shake vigorously. The liquid inside foams up and when you press the pump, out comes this white foam which you apply to your wet face. I gently use a circular motion to spread the foam all over my face and spend a few seconds massaging my face. After rinsing my face, my face feels fresh and clean. No oily filmy feeling.


It sells for USD$24.50 for a 150 ml bottle. It lasted me a good 4 to 5 months of regular use day and night. It sells for SGD $51. Although you can't order online at the Kiehl's USA website (boo!!!) you can order it from Nordstroms. Bulk order or get your girlfriends to join in a spree, prices are cheaper even with shipping combined. Unfortunately, I feel that prices in Singapore are highly marked up.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.