Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sponsored Lancome Teint Miracle in O-03 and O-04 review



(Taken from the Lancome US website)
 
Light emanates from the most beautiful skin. Now, reproduce it.

With Aura-Inside™ technology, Lancôme invents its 1st foundation that recreates the true natural light of perfect skin. Its unique weightless texture provides perfect buildable coverage with a bare sensation. Instantly, complexion appears lit-from-within, visibly flawless.

With 10 years of research, and 7 international patents pending, this ultra lightweight formula enriched with soothing rose extract, unifies the skin for a flawless complexion, while giving 18 hours of hydration.

Buildable/Moderate Coverage

True-to-Skin Natural Finish

Suitable for sensitive skin. Oil-free. Fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist-tested.

Benefits

· Enhances skin's natural light. The complexion appears flawless, full of life – as if lit-from-within
· Bare skin sensation, correction with translucency for a natural finish, as if matter-free
· 18 hour hydration
· Diminishes redness for a more uniform complexion
· Non-irritating/doesn't cause break-outs
· Protects skin from UV damage

Technology

· Aura-Inside™ technology
· 10 times less powdery fillers
· Liquid Light Essence "liquid micro mirrors"
· 37% pure water and soothing rose extract calms the skin
· Oil-free, fragrance-free formula
· SPF 15


What makes an ideal liquid foundation for me? Well it has to match my skin tone perfectly. No matter how good a foundation, if it makes me look too fair, too dark, ashy or sallow, I won’t wear it. It has to be lightweight and blend well. I do not want to feel the foundation on my skin. It should cover my imperfections yet allow my skin to shine through. A “my skin but better” look. Mask-like makeup is a big faux pas. It has to have good oil control, I hate foundation sliding all over my face. And if the foundation improves my skin every time I use it I swear I will never ever use another foundation again.



Teint Miracle comes in a very pretty glass container. I like that it is transparent. I can tell whether I am finishing my bottle. The pump dispenser is hygienic. Less than one pump is enough to cover the face.

I took my HG Giorgio Armani Lasting Silk Foundation in 7 and compared it with O-03 that I was given and realise that O-03 is much lighter than my usual foundation shade.

So when I put it on for work I used it sparingly. It was too fair for me.

I was quite unsatisfied, so I went down to the Lancome counter at Robinsons and had myself matched again. This time the SA recommended O-04. It looked like it matched my jaw line so I bought a bottle.

While at the counter I asked about their sampling policy. I can confirm that if you are interested in sampling Teint Miracle, they will give you samples. Not in a sachet but pumped into an empty container.
 


As you can see O-04 is yellow toned.

I have tried Teint Miracle for three days now. O-04 suits me better and looks natural on me. I still can’t help this niggling dissatisfaction that it isn’t exactly my GA liquid foundation shade. Have I been matched wrongly at the GA counter? (I’ve already on my second bottle and I have been so happy with the shade!) I have stared at the mirror countless of times and have asked almost everyone to the point of him or her getting sick of me. The shade doesn’t look unnatural and suits me just fine.

Teint Miracle feels slightly thicker than my GA Lasting Silk foundation, which almost has a runny formula. I found no difficulty in blending it into my skin. I have tried applying Teint Miracle with my GA foundation brush and with fingers. I find that using fingers gives me a fuller coverage. I still prefer using my foundation brush and then with a sponge to blend. It feels lightweight and lasts the whole day on my normal skin. I did not touch up at all throughout my 10-hour workday. If you have oily skin, you probably will find the need to blot and touch up once in a while. I do not work in an air-condition environment all the time. In fact I sweat quite a fair bit, I did not notice Teint Miacle oxidising on me. I also have a dry and itchy patch near my nose area. Sometimes it itches and gives me hell during the day. I’m glad that I haven’t itched at all during the three days of use. In fact, it appears calmer.

Here is the ingrediens list.


Teint Miracle sells for SGD$66.

I won’t give up my GA Lasting Silk UV foundation just yet. I still like it better. But given the fact that I have no access to Giorgio Armani here, Teint Miracle is a great second option. I like the price but I wish there were more shade options for darker and tanned ladies. I do recommend that you get a sample to try. Apply it all over and stand under various lighting conditions to check for shade suitability. In fact, walk around in it for a few hours to test out how long wearing it is.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks.

 

*Product was provided for by Lancome for review purposes.

If you want to know more about the Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation, the powdered version of Teint Miracle, these are the various ways:
 
1) A visit down to any Lancome Beauty Counter islandwide where one could get a 2-min Aura Bright flash foundation touch-up and shade matching of Maqui Miracle as of 17 Feb.

2) Check out the Lancome booklet in the March issue of Cleo, Singapore Women’s Weekly, Harper’s Bazaar for more details which will be available at the newsstands as of 17 Feb.

3) The Lancome website, www.lancomesg.com will feature Maqui Miracle as of 17 Feb. Participants can get their complimentary Maqui Miracle trial size compact foundation by registering on the website and participating in the “My Miracle Foundation” online poll. Limited while stocks last.

4) Shoutouts on Facebook as of 21st Feb where they run weekly contests.






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review it was very helpful when deciding to buy this foundation. Can I ask are the boxes a matt metallic silver, or a glossy metallic silver? I've purchased this foundation online from two separate sellers and the boxes are different, thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm glad my post was useful to you. The box is a shiny metallic silver for your info. I hope you enjoy your teint miracle.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.