Monday, February 21, 2011

Sponsored Lancome L’Absolu Rouge in 357 Rose Mythique Review



I was very honoured and pleasantly surprised when I was contacted by a Lancome representative to attend the Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation bloggers’ party. I was unfortunately unable to go but instead I got to go to the Loreal office to meet up with a representative to find out more about the Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation. This is the first time I have been invited by a beauty company so it is a big deal for me. I was jumping around with excitement and basically had to tell anyone and everyone who would listen. I was given a host of products to test out. Yay me! That being said, as grateful as I am to be given this opportunity, I want to be as honest as I can with my reviews. I will try my best to review these products as fairly and honestly as I do the products I buy.

The first item I could not wait to try was the L’Absolu Rouge in 357 Rose Mythique. I’m such a lipstick whore lately! I was given a choice of colours as seen here. It was so hard to pick just one! I did not want to stick to a safe colour and since I had a perchance for bright colours I immediately picked up 357 Rose Mythique. (The one on the right.)


(Taken from Lancome US website)

Benefits

• Deeply replenishes, softens and moisturizes lips for up to 8 hours
• Lips feel comfortable and smooth for hours
• Intense colour glides on evenly and looks satiny
• Help protect delicate lips against environmental damage, UVA and UVB rays
• The sleek black case features an innovative magnet closure system and looks undecidedly luxurious

Technology
• Patented Pro-Xylane™ and Ceramide V help restore moisture and strengthen the moisture barrier
• Contains the unique Moisture Locker Complex
• The Satin Colour™ Complex ensures even dispersion of colour; High Fidelity Pigments give rich, intense colour
• SPF 12 sunscreen and Vitamin E safeguard lips against environmental damage




Lets talk about packaging. L’Absolu comes in a classy black almost bullet-like shape. Right on top you see the signature Lancome rose. The casing is black plastic and it comes with a cool magnetic closure at the bottom of the cover that helps to keep the cover closed securely. The cover snaps close in a jiffy the moment you lower the cover. No more lipstick staining your makeup pouch and damaged lipstick when your cover accidentally comes loose.





Magnetic closure near the words L and E

I love the colour. Initially, it looks like it is going to look more reddish but it is a bright rose that instantly brightens up my look. It is a rosy shade with just a touch of coral. It is quite a warm shade in my opinion.






 I swatched it side by side with my current favourite shades Chanel Rouge Allures in Coquette and Insolence.

(Left to right: Chanel RA Insolence, Chanel RA Coquette and Lancome L Absolu Rose Mythique)




You can see that Insolence looks more like a blue pink, Coquette is more of a coral pink and Rose Mythique is a rose. (Well duh! I’m not really good at describing colours as you can see.)

L’Absolu is creamy and glides smoothly onto my lips. It doesn’t slip and slide over my lips, in fact in adheres to my lips and creates an opaque creamy colour. It isn’t overly glossy and shiny. There is just a hint of shine. I wore it to work to test drive how long wearing it was and got many compliments! It didn’t survive a plate of noodles and chicken wing though. It left me with rosy-tinged lips. The formula is moisturising. At the end of the day after two more reapplications, my lips did not peel. They still looked healthy. I love that it has SPF12. We tend ignore our lips which also needs to be protected from the sun so anything with SPF is good.

I checked out both the Lancome Singapore website. From what I see from the Singapore website, there are a total of 25 shades and to my dismay in numbers. I hate that, I prefer names as it is a less confusing and easier to remember. The US website lists 36 shades with names to go with them. Yay. The shades are conveniently grouped into 3 groups, Brown-Neutrals, Pink-Berries and Red-Corals. I have my eye on testing out Sienna Ultime, Mars, Lustre Rose and Smokey Rouge. I’m very excited about the colour range and am definitely heading down to the local stores to do some swatching.

Here are some swatches and reviews I culled from the net.


L’Absolu sells for $44. This is the price range of most of the premium lipsticks. How is this different from a drugstore brand? For one thing I believe I am paying for quality. Colours last and stay true. They have beneficial ingredients that help lips stay healthy and moisturised. A lot of thought has been spent on the design of the casing. I feel good whipping out a luxe lipstick to apply.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

*Product was provided for by Lancome for review purposes.

I am taking my time to test drive the Maqui Miracle Natural Brightening Creator Compact Foundation to form an opinion about it. If you want to know more about it, these are the various ways:

1) A visit down to any Lancome Beauty Counter island wide where one could get a 2-min Aura Bright flash foundation touch-up and shade matching of Maqui Miracle as of 17 Feb.

2) Check out the Lancome booklet in the March issue of Cleo, Singapore Women’s Weekly, Harper’s Bazaar for more details which will be available at the newsstands as of 17 Feb.

3) The Lancome website, www.lancomesg.com will feature Maqui Miracle as of 17 Feb. Participants can get their complimentary Maqui Miracle trial size compact foundation by registering on the website and participating in the “My Miracle Foundation” online poll. Limited while stocks last.

4) Shoutouts on Facebook as of 21st Feb where they run weekly contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.