Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lancome L’Absolu Crème De Brillance 06 Rose Nu Review



As I mentioned in my previous posts before, I was invited to try out some Lancome products. I had the opportunity to play around with the L’absolu Crème de Brillance glosses. These were the ones I played with.





(Taken from Lancome Singapore website)

Benefits

Drenches lips in rich, creamy color and intense shin
Helps boost hydration from within the skin, so lips stay moist and comfortable for up to 10 hours
Gives lips a fuller, more voluptuous appearance instantly

Technology

Pro-Xylane™ Concentrated: the highest amount of Pro-Xlane™, the molecule that boosts hydration within the skin, to ever have been used in a lip product.

Hyaluronic Acid and Glycerin: hydrates lips by pulling water from the environment and by forming an invisible film that prevents water from evaporating. Lips are instantly moisturized

Shine-boosting and Light-diffusing Pearls – increase color intensity and the appearance of volume
 
The swatches of the two shades I played with were not fantastic because of the lighting. I was intrigued enough to visit the Robinson’s counter to see all the shades and perhaps get one for myself.


The local counters have a total of six shades. 395, 185, 06, 365, 363 and 357. 06 Rose Nu is natural rose shade. The rest were stronger colours in the reds, mauve and berry categories.

The US website has a total of 10 shades with pretty names. (Check out the shades here)


Brown/ Neutrals – Amande Sucree

Pink/ Berries – Champagne, Berry Noir, Exotic Orchid, Cherrywood Luxe and Blush Classique

Red/Corals – Sienna Ultime and Rose Mythique

The shades at our local counters are quite limited; I decided to pick Rose Nu.




 


 
It is about the same size as my favourite gloss of the moment, Chanel Extrait De Gloss. Chanel has 0.28 oz of product as compared with 0.21 oz of product for Lancome. I like the transparent casing; at least I know how much gloss I have left. Ultimately, Chanel still wins hands down in the packaging department. Who can resist black lacquer glass?






It comes with an angled paddle-foot applicator. Something I’ve not come across yet. This paddle-foot does a good job of depositing gloss onto your lips. It spreads just enough gloss evenly so no need for a lip liner brush.


Rose Nu is a great everyday work lip-gloss. A natural pearly rose shade very flattering for my NC30-35 skin tone. It is opaque and creamy and works just like a lipstick. No need to layer it over lipstick. It isn’t very sticky but isn’t runny as well. Sort of an in between. It reminds me of a better version of Dior’s Crème de Gloss.





It is moisturising. After a whole day my lips still felt soft, there was no lip peeling. It does stain the lips after hours of wear. The stain doesn’t look clownish. More like a natural rosy stain, quite pretty actually. Instead of layering on more gloss, a lip balm over it also looks quite lovely. You know how some glosses look awful after a few more applications? This didn’t happen. At the end of my workday, I applied another layer successfully. It looked fresh just like how it looked in the morning when I first applied.


The L’absolu Crème de Brillance sells for SGD$40. That puts it in the premium lip-gloss range.

Do you need such an expensive lip-gloss? Everyone needs pampering. If you find that one great lip-gloss in the most flattering shade you should buy it without hesistation.


Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. ooh it looks so warm and dark and...I dare say dusty un your hand swatch, but on your lips it's very pretty! *.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna, thanks. For my skin tone I need something a little to the darker side. I can't do baby pinks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.