Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Kiehl's Photo-Age Corrector Moisturiser Review


I like Kiehl's. I found almost every product I tried effective. I like their use of natural ingredients too. I'm been using moisturisers from Kiehl's for quite some time. I used up two bottles of Yerba Mate Tea Lotion which is great for oil skin (my thoughts of it here). My mom is a great fan of its Ultra Facial Moisturiser, great for more matured skins.

I have more skin concerns now though. With age I now see more prominent sun spots around my eye area. I want something to give me a more even toned skin and hopefully help me get my sun spots under control.

(Taken from Kiehl's website)

Salicylic Acid encourages the sloughing of dead skin cells. It works by softening the intracellular cement and decreasing cell-to-cell adhesion, encouraging the shedding of cells in the stratum corneum layer of the skin. It is effective on acne, as it encourages the peeling of the top layer of skin and the opening of plugged follicles.

Vitamin C, a well known antioxidant that helps to neutralize free radicals involved in aging, increasing the cell turnover process to reveal skin’s natural radiance.

Plum Extract is obtained from the fruit pulp; helps slow down appearance of excess melanin of skin.

Sakura Leaf Extract helps diminish brown spots

Light Reflecting Minerals produces an instant effect of visible radiance.




I have used it for more than two months now. Although my sun spots have not faded, I do notice a slight brightening of my skin tone. I love the non sticky texture which absorbs into my skin easily. It is non oily and works well for my combination oily skin. I have been having issues with a dry patch of skin around my nose that itches at times. This moisturiser hasn't aggravated the problem but sadly hasn't helped much either.

 

It sells for USD$45 about SGD$58. I'm not sure how much it sells for here but expect it to be much more. So try and see if you can get it online instead. You can order from Nordstrom.

Overall it is a great moisturiser with added benefits. Not much of a value for money if you buy in local stores though.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.