Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chanel Rouge Allure Coquette Spring Collection 2011


The Chanel Rouge Allure in Coquette is another one of my buys from the spring collection. I skipped the Rouge Cocos in Peregrina and Jersey Rose because I did not like the formulation as much. I didn't buy Flamboyante Rouge Allure because it is described as a strawberry red. I like my reds but don't need so many of them. When I opened up Coquette I noticed immediately that it was a much warmer pink than Insolente. I'm not sure why but I thought that Coquette would be more of a vibrant pink like Insolente.


Strange though, when I placed Coquette and Insolente side by side, they look quite similar when I took photos. Insolente being more of a blue pink.

Left to right: Coquette and Insolente


The sky was quite downcast when I took the earlier shots. So I decided to wait till it got brighter. Somehow I failed to get a good shot of Coquette. The above shot looks too dark!


You can definitely see the difference in the swatches. Coquette is a warm peachy pink that looks brighter on lips than when swatched. You can see that Insolente is a bubblegum blue pink.


Left to right: Coquette and Insolente


I really love the colour. With the muted fresh peach blush combined with a bright rose pink lips, perfect for spring.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. very nice, feminine colors! :) thank u for the swatches Jacqueline :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the review, I'm thinking of buying this it looks very flattering

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes you must buy it! It is a very flattering pink.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.