Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Shu Uemura UV Underbase Mousse SPF 30 Review


(Taken from Shu Uemura website)

-a weightless mousse makeup base that helps to even out the skintone and texture, reduce redness and minimize the appearance of pores. use before makeup application to prepare the face for flawless makeup. why you'll love this base:

-delightfully fresh and light for the utmost comfort on skin. light and airy mousse makeup base is 20 times lighter in weight compares to liquid or cream type makeup bases, this allows the skin to feel as if it can breathe freely.

-fine-textured mousse gently & effortlessly spreads onto the skin to create a thin even layer. provides an excellent fit for a beautiful and lasting foundation finish.

-“silcoat” smoothing technology for exquisite coverage. covers skin imperfections, smoothes & evens the skin surface with a sheer veil, for an exquisite coverage with less visible pores.
Ingredients: active ingredients: octinoxate 7.12%, octisalate 4.7%, octocrylene 2.85%, titanium dioxide 4.75%, inactive ingredients: water, sea water, talc, peg/ppg/polybutylene glycol-8/5/3 glycerin, butane, silica, calcium carbonate, butylene glycol, propane, isobutene, peg-12 dimethicone, ethane, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) extract, linalool, betaine, methicone, sodium hyaluronate, alginic acid, aluminum hydroxide, p-anisic acid, alcohol, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol, citronellol, pentane, ethylhexylglycerin, butylphenyl methylpropional, hexylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phenoxyethnol, caprylyl glycol, benzyl alcohol, fragrance,

may contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides


I've been dying to try this out for the longest time. I love my GA Fluid Master Primer alot too so I had no reason to stray until now.

When I use my GA Face Fabric, I skip my Fluid Master primer because Face Fabric already has silicon in it. I've been toying around with the idea of layering it with Shu Uemura's Underbase for the spf and more coverage. Well the opportunity arose during my Perth trip. I was given a $50 voucher which I used to pay for the underbase. It costs SGD$63 at Changi Airport.

There were two shades. A pink and a beige shade. I chose the beige version as my skintone leans towards warm.

I used this almost everyday while I was at Perth.


Initially I used too much. The underbase comes in a metal canister which you shake before depressing the nozzle. Do not press it all the way down. Just press enough for a 50 cent coin, that would be sufficient to cover the entire face. I used my trusty MAC 190 travel foundation brush to apply this, I find that it works better than my fingers.

I  find that I look slightly whitish when I first apply the underbase. But after layering it with my foundation either GA Face Fabric or GA Lasting UV Silk Foundation, it doesn't look obvious. It doesn't feel as smooth as my Fluid Master, I think it is because of the lack of silicon. It is easy to apply my foundation. It glides on and stays put.

I love how matt this keeps me. I don't have to blot for at least a few hours. I also love the fact that I don't have to apply sunblock, the spf in this is good enough. I guess you can use it on its own as a sunblock but it provides very minimal coverage. If you have flawless skin and don't want the hassle of applying foundation, this could be a good choice for you but for mere mortals like myself, I definitely need something else to make myself look presentable.

I'm still not sure if I would buy it again. It is a good product but not something that would cause me to hyperventilate over.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks




1 comment:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.