Friday, December 24, 2010

My Favourite Skincare 2010

I used to have very oily skin, thankfully visits to the dermatlogist have solved that problem once and for all. Now I have combi skin that gets just slightly oily.

All my life, I had been plagued with serious adult acne. If you are in the same boat as I was, please go to a dermatologist as soon as you can. If I had done so alot sooner, I would have been saved myself from all the acne scars I have right now.

Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips: Clinique's Take The Day Off Make Up Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips All Skin Types



Just soak your cotton pad with this and gently press it onto your eye. Within a minute, you will see that most of your eye makeup and stubborn mascara would have come off. Then gently wipe your eyes again to remove all traces of makeup. Great for lips too, its gentle and removes everything.

General Makeup Remover: Fancl's Mild Cleansing Oil
 
I like that it is preservative free. So much cheaper than premium brand Shu Uemura and works just as well.
 
Cleanser: Kiehl's Yerba Maté Tea Cleanser


Yerba Mate is a herbal tea extract that helps to keep your skin youthful looking. Suitable for all kind types, it is also gentle on the skin.


Toner: Kiehl's Yerba Maté Tea Toner


Always looks out for toners without alcohol, they are not drying. This is my final step in removing all traces of makeup.



Serums: Estee Lauder's Advance Night Repair and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Micro Serum

I used Estee Lauder at night and Kiehl's in the morning.  Both absorb very quickly into my skin. The night repair is more of a liquid whereas Kiehl's has a more gel like consistency.

As I grow older, I realise that it is important to keep my skin hydrated. Kiehl's gives me that extra hydration without making my face oily. The night repair helps me combat all the environmental damage.




Moisturiser: Kiehl's Yerba Mate Tea Lotion

This is perfect for oily skin. It is a gel which sinks into the skin quickly. Full of ingredients to keep skin healthy.



Sunblock: Kiehl's Ultra LIght Daily UV Defence and Chanel UV Essentiel

I alternate between these two. I love Chanel because of its watery consistency. Kiehl's is slightly thicker. Both are non-oily, although they do give a white cast, it is not very noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.