Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Favourite Lip Makeup 2010

I have really been into lip products this year. You will see that a particular brand dominates this category.

Drugstore Lip Balm: Smith's Rosebud Salve

This is a great multi purpose product. It is the best thing to use especially if you sleep in an air-conditioned room all the time. I put this on every night and wake up with soft and smooth lips. It might be too slick though for lipstick applicaton. 




Luxury Lip Balm: Chanel Hydramax + Active Nutrition

This luxurious pot I use for lip prep before lipstick application. I apply this before I apply primer to soften and ready my lips. During my trip to Perth, the wind was strong and this helped to keep my lips from cracking. Apply this over lipstick to give it a glossy shine. My lips don't peel even after many hours of lipstick wear. 




Lipgloss: Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss

I love everything about this gloss. It is not as tacky as MAC lipglasses but they stay on relatively longer than other glosses. It does not contain sparkle or shimmer, what it gives is high shine. It amps up all lipsticks and looks good on its own. The colours are pigmented enough to stand on its own. The tall black lacquer glass packaging is gorgeous and luxe. Just be careful not to drop it.





Liquid Lipstick: Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque

This is a liquid lipstick and is creamy and oh so pigmented. It is a dream to apply and you do not need any gloss, it gives a shine on its own. After a few applications, they do stain the lips but your lips remain soft and moisturised.





Sheer Lipstick: Korres Mango Butter Sheer Lipstick

If you want a sheer lipstick that gives a hint of colour. Korres is the brand to go. Colours are natural and have Spf 10. They are very moisturising. Although they aren't long lasting, what a joy they are to reapply.





Full Coverage Lipstick: Chanel Rouge Allure

There is no mistaking how much I love Rouge Allures, creamy satiny colour that is moisturising. The click casing and black metal casng  just screams class and luxe.





Lip liner: MAC Lip pencil

My MAC lipliner pencils are creamy and draws smoothly. They price point is also a big plus.

(Taken fro  MAC website) 

For NC 30 - 35 skintone

Best Bright Pink Colour: Chanel Rouge Allure in Insolente with Chanel Rouge Allure extrait De Gloss in Insolence



Best Sophisticated Pink: Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle




Best Coral Colour: Chanel Rouge Allure in Exotic




Best Nude Colour: Korres Mango Butter Sheer Lipstick in Nude





Best Red Colour: Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion with Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in Exces




1 comment:

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.