Thursday, December 30, 2010

Kiehl's Soy Milk and Honey Whipped Body Butter


Kiehl's Creme De Corps is my favourite luxury body lotion. It is more expensive than regular drugstore brands (USD$10 for 2.5 fl bottle to USD$70 for 1 litre bottle). I love it because it is so good for my dry and flaky skin. When I heard that they came out with the whipped body butter version, I knew I had to try it.


I had resisted temptation of buying it immediately, instead I waited till after Thanksgiving to order. That is when the online stores give good discounts. I was sorely disappointed to find out that they were not accepting international credit cards anymore. Sigh, no more super cheap Kiehl's. I ordered from Nordstrom instead. Even though I did not enjoy the 20% discount, it was still cheaper than buying it here in Singapore. The thing is you have to order more to enjoy cost savings. If I'm not mistaken it costs about SGD$60-65 in Singapore. It is USD$35, so you do the math.  



Look at it! Doesn't it look like margarine?

(Taken from Kiehl's website)

This luxuriously scented cream is light on skin yet rich in 24-hour hydration. This formula is quickly absorbed to deliver deep moisturization with an addictive scent.



I felt that the whipped body butter version doesn't absorb that well as compared to the regular Creme de Corps. It didn't leave a sticky sensation but it didn't feel light weight either. For those who prefer really light weight lotions, I think you can skip this.

It is still very good for dry skin. My skin felt soft and smooth for the entire day. I also felt that the scent was a little more pronounced. I can't really describe the scent, it is very earthy without the floral perfume scent. I think I prefer the bottled version and will go back to it after using this tub.

Ratings: 3

4 comments:

  1. Hi there... I was looking through your purchases from Korres USA website, and I was wondering if you used VPost for shipping to Singapore? I just bought 2 mango butter lipstick in Nude and Natural Pink from Ion, and I'm loving them..it's just too expensive though..hee..would love to make use of the discounts on the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Yana, thanks for reading. Yes I did use vpost for my shipping, I bought quite a few things so my shipping came up to about $30. Please buy from the Korres website instead so much cheaper especially when you use the discount codes. I am always keeping a watch out for discounts, will update my blog if I have news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your advice! does vpost work for Sephora USA too ? and how long does shipping take for Korres USA? I have a VPost account, just that I haven't been brave enough to trust it. Will try it soon....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Yana, unfortunately Sephora USA does not accept international credit cards so you can't order from there but you can get Sephora via Amazon but you would not be able to enjoy their discounts :( Usually my stuff comes to me in about 2 weeks. I've been using vpost for about 3 years now have bought many things and not once have they lost my items. If you are trying out, start with a small amount first. Happy online shopping!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.