Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chanel Joues Contraste Pink Explosion Swatch



The Chanel Joues Contraste blush in Pink Explosion was one of the few items I purchased at Changi DFS during my trip to Perth. I had wanted this for some time now but they were out of stock in the local retail stores. I thought I would try my luck and see if they had it at DFS. This costs SGD $51.50 at DFS so much cheaper than at retail stores which cost SGD $63. So if you ever go overseas be sure to grab your Joues Contraste there instead.

Read a more dteailed review of Joues Contraste in Tea Rose here, swatches of Rose Petale here and Reflex here.

 

Pink Explosion is a brighter and fresh pink. It is pigmented and soft and best of all subtle. You won't overdo your cheeks unlike MAC's Dollymix. It has slight unnoticeable shimmer.


I placed all the Chanel pink blushes side by side for a comparison. As you can see Pink Explosion is a much cooler pink, Rose Petale is warmer. Tea Rose kinda looks slightly peachy here.

Left to right: Tea Rose, Rose Petale and Pink Explosion

Pink Explosion on my cheeks


Ratings: 4 lipsticks

Incidently, I'm very excited about the upcoming 2011 Chanel Spring collection. If you have seen the Joues Contraste in Espiegel it is so beautiful. Its a warm peach which I'm dying to swatch. Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog has swatches and closeup of pictures of the items. Read about it here. I'm eyeing the blush, the eye palette and both Rouge Allures. Better start saving for them.

(Taken from Chanel website)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.