Saturday, December 18, 2010

My Favourite Eye Makeup 2010

Wow the year is almost over, how fast time flies!

I've complied a list of favourite makeup items for this year, check them out.

Eyes

Lip primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original

This just helps your eyeshadows stay put and makes colours show up brighter. Although I've tried this in Sin ( a gold champagne colour) Original is the best when you want to layer all kinds of eye colours on it.

Eye palette: Dior Five Golds palette

I love how pigmented and almost creamy Dior eye shadows are. When applied wet or with an eye sealant, the colours look almost metallic and intense.  The shimmery grey and champagne has little colour pigmentation mostly shimmer and when added on top of eye shadows shimmer and sparke beautifully. Best part, no fall out what so ever.



Cream eye colours: Makeup Forever Aqua Creams

Beautifully brilliant colours that stay on for the longest time. They are a little difficult to blend so you must do it quick. But the colour stays true. There is a little transfer after 5 hours of wear but they do hold up after a swim in the pool.


Powder eye colours: Korres Sunflower and Evening Primrose Shimmering Eyeshadows

For rich and pigmented natural colours, Korres gets a thumbs up. The fact that they are only USD$7 helps too.



I have issues with all my eyeliners, I still haven't found a truly long lasting waterproof liner yet. The following have been the better few that I have tried so far.

Pencil Eyeliners: Urban Decay 24/7 liners

They come is the most amazing colours. They are generally smudgeproof and waterproof. They make good bases for eye shadows or if blended can be great eyeshadows too.



Liquid eyeliner: Kiss Me Heroine Liquid Eye Liner

This has been a pleasant surprise for me. For its price it works remarkably well. The nib is stiff enough so that it makes drawing a straight line easy. The colour is a dark black. It isn't entirely waterproof though, I need to clean this up now and then.





Gel/Cream Eyeliners: Clinique Brush On Cream Liner

This is creamy and goes on smoothly. It is the darkest black around. Also almost waterproof and smudeproof on me.

(Taken from Cinique website)
Clinique right on top

After mastering fake lash application, my mascaras have taken a back seat. But on days where I don't put on fake lashes, I like my mascara to hold my curl in place and lengthen my lashes.

Budget Mascara: Maybeline Volum Express Turbo Boost Waterproof

This mascara is cheap and most importantly makes my lashes long and full. Waterproof but hard to remove even with oil based eye makeup remover.


(Taken from Maybelline Website)

Luxury Masacara: Chanel Inmitable Waterproof

I used this last year and then tried Diorshow and YSL, this have been by far the best. Coats individual lashes and lengthens them. You can apply multiple coats without having your lashes turn crispy or flakey.

(Taken from Chanel website)
This is the only thing I have used and I love it and don't intend to change.

Brow pencil: Shu uemura Brow Pencil hard formula in Seal Brown

Fake Lashes: Ardells 108 and 109 and Revlon 91149 Short Natural 

I have tried a whole range from cheap lashes found at Sasa to expensive ones from Shu Uemura. Ardells are by far the most comfortable to wear and look the most natural for my small asian eyes. They are also the easiest to apply because of the flexible invisibands.







That is my list for my favourite eye makeup for 2010.



4 comments:

  1. hi, is urban decay available in singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey xt, yes you can find Urban Decay in the local Sephora stores. There are stores at Ion, Taka, Great World and Marina Sands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqueline,
    I really like ardell lashes too! Do you buy them online? I find that they are moderately cheaper if you buy in bulk online.

    :) Take care,

    Rosamond

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosamond I do buy them online and in bulk at Madam Medaline much cheaper that way.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.