Monday, November 29, 2010

Kiss Me Heroine Smooth Liquid Eyeliner


A couple of posts ago, I was asking for recommendations for a waterproof eye liner. Thanks Carol! I went to hunt for Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner at Watsons at Takashimaya. I was not in luck, I could not find any. I think it was because they were very popular and was out of stock. I settled for Kiss Me Heroine eyeliner to try out. I paid SGD$18.90 for this.



I love the tip, very easy to use. It is stiff and glides on to my lids easily. It applies wet and takes a few seconds to dry. Much longer than my gel eye liners.


It takes about two layers to get a jet black finish. I have been applying it over my gel eye liners and by itself to see which method I like best. I decided that I like it on its own. It is definitely smudgeproof and performs so much better than all the well-known gel liners I own (MAC Fluidline, Stila Smudgepot, Clinique Brush On Cream Liner).

When I yawn, which is very often, I tear. The past few days, work has really been yawn inducing, the eyeliner did not smudge, disappear or migrate. Unfortunately, it didn't survive crying. I watched Harry Potter and shed a few tears over Dobby. Part of my liner disappeared.

It has to be removed with an oil based makeup remover. Maybelline's Total Clean is able to remove all traces of the eyeliner.


That's me wearing my eyeliner. Forgive the smudges, I'm a klutz.



I am pleasantly surprised by how much I like this. I am still going to hunt for Dolly Wink just to see how they match up with each other. I'm glad I did not have to spend too much money finding a great eyeliner that works so well for me.

Edited to add:

Okay it has been about one week and I've been using this. Well unfortunately, this eyeliner has not been performing well after my initial experiments. Really strange but on two occasions it has smudged on me even without me tearing. Especially at the end of my cat eye flick. It is quite disappointing really. I'm trying to see if it has anything to do with my eye base or shadows. That is why I have bumped the ratings down by 1. Guess it is back to hunting for my eye liner.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

2 comments:

  1. aw. im sorry it didnt deliver awesomeness for you babe... i just got this to try but now im thinking i should have sticked to the dollywink liner. LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually very pleased the first few days of wear and then it started smudging on me. Just don't understand how it could work so well and then fail miserably. I'm also hunting for the Dollywink liner, haven't seen it in the few Watson's I've visited.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.