Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ardell Brush-On Lash Adhesive Review


When I saw this at Madam Madeline's I had to try it. This cost USD$3.25.

(Taken from Madam Madeline's website)

Say goodbye to messy glue spills and waiting for glue to dry. The Ardell Brush-On Lash Adhesive goes on clear and stays clear for an unmistakably sheer appearance that will hold lashes securely in place all day. Can be used on strip and individual lashes without the commitment. The brush take the guesswork out of application making it precise, simple, and quick. ** NEW **

Features:
Convenient no mess applicator
LATEX-FREE formula goes clear and stays clear

 

I have been using the Duo eyelash glue. I like it except for the horrible smell. I usually put some on a cotton bud, wait for it to become slightly tacky before applying it on the fake eye lash. It goes on white but dries transparent. If you apply too much sometimes it takes longer to dry.


With this brush applicator, I don't need cotton buds anymore. I apply straight onto the fake eye lash. The first time I used it, I did not apply enough at the ends and during the day one end of my lash became loose. So irritating! So the next time, I used the same eye lash but used more glue. This glue dries fast. The one thing I didn't like was the slight tingly sensation when the glue touches my skin. It isn't very uncomfortable or stinging just tingly which goes away in a few seconds. Because I used the same pair of lashes, I realised that the glue dried on top of the previous glue leaving my lashes with an obvious shiny glaze. Very ugly! I also had a really hard time removing it.

Warning: Never peel the lashes off, I lost a number of my own natural lash because of it (I'm still mourning for their loss).

I used Maybelline's Total Clean Makeup remover for eyes and lips. I knew I would have a harder time removing my lashes so I soaked my cotton pads with a lot of remover. I still had a really hard time removing them.

I don't dare to use this again! I'm afraid I will lose more lahes! I'll stick to my Duo glue thank you very much!


Ratings: 0 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks for the review Hun. I found your website because I was looking for an alternative to my DUO glue which I've always used. I hate the smell as well so I know what you mean LOL
    I was thinking the Ardell one sounded cool since the applicator is more friendly and it dries very quickly. I heard it also bonds stronger but if it's pulling out lashes then eek....I always pull of my strip lashes when I use DUO and knock on wood it hasn't removed any of my real lashes yet because it's gentle enough. I find that if I use remover to remove my falsies, it ruins the falsies and I can't use it more than 2-3 times a pair. So I always peel my lash strips off slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't buy this seriously, they spoil your fake lashes too. It leaves a shiy hard residue behind if you apply too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agree. I love the brush on app, but I cannot get this glue off to save my life. It makes the strip hard and shiny.

      Delete
    2. Hi there, I finally found a great lash glue with a brush applicator that is gentler on lashes. It is called D.U.P. lash glue. It is made in Japan. It is great.

      Delete
  3. If the band (strip) lashes are applied on the skin (lash line) as they should you will not loose lashes. The only lashes that should be applied to your own natural lashes are the individuals which you should use Ardell's Lash Free to remove those... NO PULLING.
    *just my 2cents

    Joy Johnson- Ardell Educator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Joy thanks for you tip, I'm still not good at applying false lashes on my lash line and do sometimes get my own lash stuck. I learned my lesson, no pulling ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.