Sunday, October 31, 2010

Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-ageing & Anti-wrinkle Eye Cream Review


(Taken from Korres website)

Properties

Discover the Secret to Ageless Eyes
Based on Nobel Award-Winning research, Patent-Pending Quercetin&Oak Instant Lift Eye cream is clinically proven to reverse the signs of aging – where you need it most.
Revolutionary technology stimulates cell growth and protein synthesis to dramatically reduce eye wrinkles, significantly increase skin elasticity and reduce puffiness and dark circles.
Skin is instantly lifted, rejuvenated and returned to its youthful state
Clinical Results show:
• 97% saw a reduction in wrinkles
• 97% saw visibly firmer skin
• 94% saw a reduction in eye puffiness
• 84% saw a reduction in dark circles
• 100% saw improved skin texture




I have been using this for about a month now so I thought I would give my thoughts and opinions about this. I also did a comparison between Lancome Genifique and Clinique's All About Eyes here.

First of all, Korres is much cheaper than Genefique. Korres cost USD$42 whereas Genefique costs USD$59. Of course you can always get it cheaper if you make use of their discount codes which I always do.

Korres' eye cream is an easily absorbed cream. Lancome's Genifique which is a gel is also easiy absorbed. I like Korres texture better because it had a thinner consistency. I would normally use about 1 pump of product and gently tap it on both my eyes. The eye cream has a faint scent which I'm still not able to identify. It isn't unpleasant and fades off quickly. My eyes looked moisturised and rested. I feel that Korres' eye cream works better than Lancome on me. My fine lines were less obvious. I normally apply concealor under my eyes and the eye cream helped ensure that it wasn't too drying.


I like the pump mechanism as I feel that it is more hygenic. Unlike Genefique which comes in a glass pot.



Well, recently however, I found it more difficult to pump out the product. So I twisted the cap to find out what was happening. Well you know the little tube that is generally attached to the pump? Normally such tubes are long to ensure that product at the bottom gets pumped out. Well to my horror, the Korres pump was stubby and short. There was no way it could get to the product at the bottom. Anyway, as I peered into the bottom there was more than half left. No amount of pumping could get it out. So I have resorted to scooping the product out with a cotton bud. And guess what, the eye cream doesn't seem to have the same consistency anymore. In fact, it is slightly thicker now. Boo!


Anyway a total thumbs down for the product packaging although the product generally works well.

Ratings: 2+ lipsticks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.