Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chanel Joues Contraste Tea Rose Review


(Taken from Chanel website)

The touch of colour and radiance.

Offers makeup effects from very natural to very sophisticated. Used as a simple touch of colour, it gives your complexion a healthy glow. As a professional tool, it shapes and models your face (cheekbones, browbones, forehead, chin, along the nose).

Manufactured by a process exclusive to CHANEL, the compact and silky texture of JOUES CONTRASTE gives easy application and subtle blending.

The brush is made of natural hair.

Highlighting your cheekbones enhances the youthful appearance of your face. For the eye zone, choose a satiny tone to soften and rejuvenate this area.


I wasn't planning on getting this. Call it crazy shopper's addict behavior but after not being able to buy some of the Chanel lipsticks I had my heart set on, I just could'nt leave the counter. So I asked the SA to show me some of the blush selection Chanel had. She picked up Tea Rose and applied it on my cheeks, I was instantly sold. I have no regrets getting this even though I already have tons of blush.



Chanel always does first class packaging. This is no exception. It comes it its signature black case with the Chanel logo. Yes, the case attracts finger prints but that it why there is a black case which you slot your blush into. I personally do not care for the velvet casing. Just let me get to my blush quick! :) Inside it features a big mirror and has a plastic inset that protects the blush when not in use. The blush brush is small and I have read that some people find it useless. Not to me though. The bristles are soft and though small, it applies blush beautifully on my face. Thumbs up.




It really looks beautiful in the pan. Especially under sunlight, I can't help admiring it.

There is a subtle rose scent when you apply the blush to your cheeks. I guess it is an added touch to the whole blush application experience. I personally enjoy the scent but some of you may not.

The blush is really soft. Treat it gently. Use the inset and protect the blush or else you will be sorry. I opened up my blush for the second time and noticed that that was loose blush powder around. It is not so soft that the blush crumbles but you will see loose blush powder after use. I read that this blush becomes hard after a long period of time. I guess I will see for myself much much later.

Tea Rose applies like a dream! The soft texure blends so well into the skin for a soft and natural look. There is no way you will get clown cheeks. If you are into very obvious looking blush, this isn't for you. Tea Rose is a warm natural pinky rose shade on me. I pair this with smokey eye looks or strong lip colours to give my makeup balance. It will work on fair to medium skin tones but will probably not show up well on darker skin tones. I believe this shade will match cool and warm toned ladies.


This blush costs SGD$63. Quite a hefty some to pay considering I can get my beloved Korres Zea Mays Blush for SGD$24. After using it, I can understand why some ladies go crazy and collect these. They are decadent and sinfully luxurious. I wouldn't mind getting a few more but I will need to think about each colour carefully before I make the plunge. I can almost get 3 Korres blush with one chanel. The stand out colours for me are In Love and Tempting Beige seen in Cafe Makeup's Blog. But seeing that I already have so many peach/coral blushes, do I really need anymore? Here are some other Joues Contraste blush swatches I have culled on the internet. Rose Temptation, Plum Attraction and Pink Explosion from the Makeup and Beauty Blog and an extensive range from My Makeup Reviews, seems she is an avid JC blush collector.

I was just sitting here thinking. I love my cream/gel blushes most because they wear well and last long, why do I still need powder blushes? Well to answer my own question, I love layering my blushes. Adding a powdered version close to the cream/gel blush ensures that it lasts the whole day. Besides, what can I say, I'm a blush whore.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

5 comments:

  1. I am one of the crazy ladies who collect these Chanel Joues Contraste blush. I have about 20 now and I love these. The are soft and apply nicely...not too obvious like other brands. I also love the CD powder blush as well and have about 13 of them. What can I say, I am a blush gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, I totally understand wanting to go hoard crazy over JCs. I love everything about them. Which is your favorite? Mine is Espiegle and the new Fleur de Lotus.

      Delete
    2. OMG, you have 20? I have around there too, 30 to be precise. I collect these and the Dior blush too and always on the look for new ones or older unused ones. Maybe it is a mental thing because I know I have more than enough blush to last me this and the next life time but I really like blushers.

      Delete
    3. OMG, you have 20 too? I have around that much, 30 to be precise and always am looking for new ones or older unused ones to add to my collection. I tell my friends, when I died I want these blushers buried with me.

      Delete
    4. Hey PX, since this post I have collected so many Chanel blushes. I feel the same, sometimes I ask myself do I really need more but I can't help myself.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.