Saturday, September 11, 2010

Unplanned beauty haul at Tangs


I went to Vivocity for a litle pick me up after attending a half-day seminar. I met an old friend at the seminar and we went down to Sushi Tei for a relaxed and fun lunch. I had been dreaming of getting a Chanel lipstick to treat myself. I have been lemming the Rouge Allure Lacques after seeing the swatches and reviews. I knew that if I went down I wouldn't be able to resist buying just one. So I have been holding off for quite sometime.

As you can see, I went for broke and got the three different formulations. I asked Rina the MA for pinks that would look good on my NC35 skintone. She picked out two lipsticks and I also asked for something from the Rouge Allure Lacque series to try. She gave me a cleanser to clean off my lipstick and applied a lip balm to soften and prep my lips.

She tried Confidentielle on me and then Mademoiselle. Confidentielle was a lighte rose pink on me whereas Mademoiselle was darker and had more of a coral tinge to it. I couldn't make up my mind so I decided on getting both.

For the Rouge Allure Lacques, Rina decided against Ming because it would be simlar to the shades I have just gotten. When she swatched Dynastie it looked really intense and red. But after convincing me to try it on my lips, I was wowed by the deeper brown pink colour. In addition to the three lip products, I decided to get the Hydramax + Active Nutrition Lip Care. Rosebud salve has been serving me well for ages for it was too slippery to use to apply before lipstick applications.

I throughly enjoyed my shopping experience with Rina the MA at Chanel. I wasn't rushed to make my decisions and the selections she picked for me for spot on. She patiently explained how I could maintain my lips as I mentioned I had a problem with peeling lips. I was suitably impressed with the mirror that had different lightings. Where can I get one of those???

I also scored two very delectable samples. I really love these two samples. I get to try the other shades and they come with brushes. I wished the samples would photgraph better though.
  


Sample 1




Sample 2

I also dropped by at MAC to check out the Superslick Liquid Eyeliner from the Fabulous Feline collection. I can always use a blingy gold eyeliner. I love the colour. I would love to get the black liner too because I love the texture and consistency but I have way too many black eyeliners so I had to resist.

My beautiful lip acquisitions

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.