Saturday, September 18, 2010

MAC Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Pure Show Review


 

I don't usually buy liquid eye liners. I have a love hate relationship with them. I have clumsy hands, so I have not sucessfully drawn a straight line on my eyes with them. I bought another MAC eye liner called the Penultimate eye liner in black (read about my review of it here), I wasn't crazy in love with it, in fact it is now left untouched.

But you know what, everyone needs a gold eye liner. It is just so festive and beautiful. The blogs reviews of the new superslick eye liners have been good. The swatches were enticing so I had to see for myself. It was honestly quite hard to limit myself to just one. But I think I can recreate the other colours with my existing pool of UD eye liners but Pure Show was literally stole the "Show" for me. It is nothing like the gold eye liners that I have right now. It is so sparkly!


Superslick eye liners come in a slim tube which you have to twist to uncap.


I love the applicator! It is a stiff tapered stick I think, not a brush, so it ensures that you have control when you are drawing your line. Some liquid liner brushes are just to soft and long and that makes it so hard to draw a straight line.

MAC Superslick eye liner in Pure Show

Urban Decay liners in Eldorado, Honey and Korres liner in Gold
The gold colour is bright and metallic looking. So unlike the gold liners I own. See the sparkles! It applies wet and thus have that full on colour. Gorgeous. It does take more time to dry so don't apply this in a hurry. On the safe side, wait for a full 30 seconds before blinking. Many reviewers have mentioned that they are waterproof and smudgeproof, I haven't put it through the water test so I can't comment. By the way it costs about $35 if I'm not mistaken.

You can check out the rest of the swatches over here at Sarah's blog. She has really wonderful  and enticing swatches.

I know I shouldn't be lusting for yet another black eye liner but I'm serious contemplating on Marked for Glamour (black version). All my cream/gel eye liners aren't as soft and creamy as before. So they aren't applying as smoothly. I'm wondering whether Marked for Glamour would do the job.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

Tip: You know the trouble with gold eye liners is that they never look good applied on their own. I asked a MAC MA how best to show off Pure Show. She suggested applying Pure Show over a regular black eye liner. That way the gold eye liner will stand out. I tried it and I do agree that is the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.