Monday, September 20, 2010

Chanel Rouge Coco Sari Dore Swatches


I'm not going to rehash my review on the Rouge Coco formulation. You can read them here instead.

I wanted a orangy/coral lipstick to try. I actually asked for Exotic from the Allure range but the SA at Chanel (not Rina this time, boo!) was quite clueless, in the end I left it up to her to select for me. I did tell her I wanted to try from both ranges. I was given two, one from the Allure and one from the Coco range. I would have preferred the Allure range because I happen to like the formulation better but Sari Dore stood out to me. It was a bright coral orange that looked better on my lips. I didn't get the name of the other lipstick though.



Under bright sunlight

I have two similar lipsticks. Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Coral which is a sheer  and more coral version.

Korres Coral



I also have MAC Morange, a super creamy and opaque orange which sometimes can be quite unforgiving and clownish if you are not careful.

MAC Morange


Sari Dore just happens to fall in a happy middle state.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I never thought of wearing an orange-based lipstick. But saw through some local magazine that it'll look great just paired alone with black eyeliner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah crazy colors! ^_^ I prefer the Chanel one. It looks more moisturizing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want to try orange/coral lipsticks, you can always try the sheerer versions.

    I like pairing my orange toned lippies with either a blue or black eyeliner with coral blush.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.