Monday, September 13, 2010

Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle Review


(Taken from Chanel website)

ROUGE COCO dresses the lips in an easy and self-evident daily beauty step.



Thanks to its soft, creamy texture and its luxurious, timeless packaging, it is the confidante of each moment of a woman’s life, finding its natural place in the handbags of women today. The new ROUGE COCO formula combines hydration and comfort. Created by CHANEL, the Hydratender complex delivers 8-hour hydration with a single application. The choice of pigments with an utmost quality optimizes the formula’s comfort.



ROUGE COCO offers a satiny and luminous makeup result. Elegant and luminous, all the shades of the range are easy to wear and can be used in your own individual way, according to your mood.



From legendary sites to favorite pieces of jewelry, from passions to symbols, their names recount the life story of Gabrielle Chanel. A classic has never been expressed this freely!



Rouge Coco is housed in typical cap and swivel casing. The classy black and gold casing is made from a heavy plastic or metal casing.


As you can see, I couldn't resist using this before I could do a closeup. Rouge Coco is pegged as a hydrating lipstick that is comfortable to wear. I also have the Dior Rouge De Serum, I did not find this to be as hydrating or creamy as Dior. I can say that it holds out on its own. It is creamy but not as moist. I love its universal color. It is more of a creamy satiny opaque lipstick than a glossy one. Perfect with understated makeup.

It costs SGD$44. An expensive luxury. Given the choice, I would prefer to spend money on the Rouge Allure Lacques than Rouge Cocos though.



Mademoiselle under bright sunlight




I asked Rina the MA how I could ensure that my lipstick reapplication would  look as good as when I first applied it. Somehow my lipstick never looks as good as it was first applied. She said that I could remove the lipstick with a wet tissue first then blot. Then apply lip balm before lipstick. It may sound like a lot of trouble but anything for perfect makeup right?

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.