Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque in Dynastie Review


(Taken from the Chanel website)

ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE is the ideal weapon of ultimate seduction that gives the lips an even more dressed-up style. This little jewel in black lacquered glass conceals an artist’s brush applicator, the secret weapon of precision for perfectly defined lips. ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE offers a new, elegant beauty gesture. It combines the easy application of a gloss with the makeup finish of a lipstick. A brilliantly stylised signature for the lips.



Its light, creamy texture, filled with soft focus coated pigments, coats lips in intense colour and lacquered shine. A botanical jelling agent provides perfect hold, while Jojoba oil extract ensures extreme comfort.

I'm reviewing the Rouge Allure Lacque first because I'm totally in love with it. It is love at first application.



I always loved the Chanel packaging. The liquid lip cream is housed in a very classy glass container. It has a good weight which makes you feel like you are holding something expensive. It attracts fingerprints but nothing a good wipe can't get rid of. Whipping this out of my purse gives me a measure of gleeful satisfaction.



It has a pointed doefoot applicator that works well. I can get to the pesky corners of my mouth that normal doefoots can't get. Rina the lovely and informative MA used a brush instead. I kinda prefer using a brush too so I don't get too much product on my lips.




Under bright sunlight

Dynastie is categorised as a pink on the website. It is a brown pink on my lips. It glides onto my lips and adheres to my lips well without slipping and sliding. This could be also due to the new Hydramax+Active Nutrition Lip Care I used before application. The colour is creamy and opaque. In comparison to the Korres Raspberry Antioxidant Liquid Lipstick, I love the Rouge Allure Lacque formula better. It stays put longer and looks better on my lips. I liked Korres but I love love Chanel. The fact that the colours from the Chanel series are more wearable and are more interesting helps.

These little pieces of heaven cost a bomb. They cost SGD$49. I am so tempted to get more. Perhaps if I buy one each month, I wouldn't go too broke. :) Hm... which should be my next buy?

Me wearing Dynastie


Dinner at Fremantle Seafood Market with the two men in my life

After a meal of battered fish and mango margarita, my lips was still lightly tinged with colour. I reapplied it after dinner and when I got home my lips was still soft and supple. I was reluctant to remove it afterwards.



Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.