Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shu Uemura Florescent Fall Mode Graceful Bloom Palette Review


The palette consists of 4 pressed eye shadows, 2 cream shadow liners and 1 cream blush. First of all, the palette is a well constructed sturdy plastic casing. The one thing I hate about cream and powder combinations is transference from powders to the creams. There is a removable plastic cover covering the palette. The two sponge applicators are good quality applicators. The casing is very pretty and feels hefty.




The cream blush is too light for my NC35 skin. So I use this as a highlighter. It is soft and blends beautifully. Although on my skin, it isn't obvious. It lasts for a few hours and isn't oily.


Shu Uemura pressed eye shadows are soft and pigmented. They blend like a dream. I especially love the two purple shadows. The dark purple cream shadow can be layered under or on top to darken the purple eye shadow. I love the pressed shadows but not the cream/shadow liners. The purple one applied patchy and does not blend smoothly. I find that dabbing it onto my lids was better. It doesn't perform well as a liner. I feel that it is not creamy enough. The black liner smudges and isn't that creamy and smooth either.


Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

If Shu Uemura is going to be charging $125 for a palette like this, they should at least improve the formulas of the cream shadow liners. I am absolutely sure I won't be using the black shadow at all. I also wished that the pink blush was darker to suit me more. If you have a lighter skintone and don't suffer oily lids, this palette is a heavenly piece  to include in your beauty arsenal.

4 comments:

  1. I love the packaging of Shu Uemura eyeshadows but I find that buying Shu eyeshadows in individual pieces are more versatile for me. I can see that the purple shade will get alot of use. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the purples pretty? Well I always get suckered into buying because of the packaging. So what is your favourite Shu shadow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! It's hard for me to narrow down my favourites. I love the metallic finishes, they're absolutely gorgeous - they're so pigmented and soft and feels like Urban Decay but with less fall out. ME 700 purple is a lovely purple shade if you like purples. I've got swatches on my blog, do check it out if ur keen.
    It's a little expensive in Singapore tho - so I've learnt my lesson and usually get some from either Bangkok/Hong Kong or online (even better when it's 20% off).

    ReplyDelete
  4. In my opinion cosmetics in Singapore are expensive in general. I usually get mine online but there are times when insanity takes hold and you have to have it NOW! :) I'll hop over to your blog and have a look. Hm I hope I won't lem for any though, my wallet can't take it anymore.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.