Sunday, August 22, 2010

Shu Uemura False Lashes

These are my Shu Uemura false lashes. They are currently my guillty pleasure because they cost a lot. I just love how whimsical they are. Granted that I don't think I will get a chance to wear these often, knowing that I own them gives me a thrill.

The set below is a limited edition item from the latest Florescent Fall Mode called the partial floral feather. It costs SGD $24.



These are just too cute to past up. I tend to be a bit of a drama queen. I love dressing up even though I don't usually have occasions for it. I have longed for excuses to wear fantasy lashes and since I'll be attending a masquerade themed dinner this Friday I thought why not give it a try.



I did a trial with the lashes and makeup on Saturday. I don't think it looks good. In fact I'm afraid I will look silly on Friday wearing this. I think partially it has something to do with my lash application. Do you think just 1 set in either the hot pink or purple would look better?  How about the eye makeup, should I go darker and smokier? Would applying a set of falsies for longer lashes and then accentuating it with a set of these at the corner of the eyes look better? Ladies I need help!

Below are the other two pairs I couldn't make my mind on, in the end I got both! I should buy them online, they are much cheaper. These are called false lashes luxe black and cost me SGD$41.



These are called false eyelashes slant black and cost SGD $34.



I'm curious to find out how many prefer natural lashes to false lashes and why? Is false lashes worth the effort to you and why do you like them so much?